Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

More downforce! Which spoiler?

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 23 February 2007
Ade, get an RS!

you know me Stu, I like to tinker. That's more than half the fun... I've had a long journey with the PolarExpress... had the chance to run her since completely original, and I've overseen every upgrade done to her. She's fabulously well balanced, but also very very quick - quicker than an RS, but still very usable. I did the 'original' Porsche thing with OceanCarrera - she was in mint original condition and didn't mod her at all... I got bored. There are 4 things left to do to the 'Express... rear spoiler, LWF, and 2 other bits of carbon :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120111

Stop messing about - go for the real deal!

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/spoiler.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120113

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 23 February 2007
that's not what mattie says !
Cup spoiler then you better get a move on
pictures of that on a Mk1 would help
:wink:
Cup spoiler will slow me down on those straights... but can't argue with it being effective on the downforce... here you go, on a Manthey Mk1...

MR1.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120115

Hmmm... not many Mk1s have alternate spoilers from OEM!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120117

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 23 February 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 23 February 2007

that's not what mattie says !

Cup spoiler then you better get a move on

pictures of that on a Mk1 would help
Cup spoiler will slow me down on those straights... but can't argue with it being effective on the downforce... here you go, on a Manthey Mk1...
MR1.jpg

Get this one. Also, carbon doors?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120118

no carbon doors... I'm not building a race car! :wink:
just a GT3 turned up to eleven... :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120120

Previous poster said:

no carbon doors... I'm not building a race car! :wink:
just a GT3 turned up to eleven... :D

you could also get some stick laminated number plates instead of the original plastic type ones to save a few more grams! :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120122

If general looks are of any concern then avoid the cup and signature spoilers - people will point and laugh.

Manthey RS is your best opption in my opinion. There's also that 'revosport' mob but don't know their credentials.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120142

Mmmmm... a day later, and I think the Manthey RS carbon is getting my vote too. It should be sufficiently effective, lightweight, relatively subtle and not too OTT.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120145

Ade,

Without trying to sound funny, have you not thought of spending some of your upgrade budget on tuition ??

I'm sure Sunny would have seen the benefits from the likes of Mike already, i think this is the best way to get really quick in your car...

I will be doing a couple of trips to Germany for some Handling coaching this year, as that's the way i want to go forward.....

I keep telling myself now, the best upgrades available for the driver LOL !!

G.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120163

Previous poster said:
Previous poster said:

Cup spoiler will slow me down on those straights...
even more ! you'll be wanting more power then

Manthey RS or Cup Spoiler, both are neat and tidy

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120164

Doesn't Philip have an RS wing on his mk2? Don't know if he tracks that car though so maybe no comparison on the potential increased downforce over std.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120168

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Glenn Mc on 24 February 2007

I will be doing a couple of trips to Germany for some Handling coaching this year, as that's the way i want to go forward.....
Handling coaching germany, tell me more ! unless you mean ring training, that Henry has told us about ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120174

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back