Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 (997) turbo on Top Gear

What did Clarkson say? 40 -60 in the the 997 turbo takes 1 second ! :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118695

Yep......that's fast!

My only concern with the report on the 911 was that Clarkson pointed out what a useable car the 911 is just a bit too much. At this rate everyone will get one. I mean, why the hell would you not want one? (I doubt I'll get too many responses to that question baring in mind where it is posted)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118696

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Gazzarc on 19 February 2007
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Superunknown on 19 February 2007Did anyone notice the 3.2 carrera on the 'uncool' board??
Yep, I think it's there because it's Hamsters LHD one.[/i:UQLFjsdGis]

.....which he reputedly bought from it's previous owner - a Mr. J Clarkson :wink:

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118699

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by BEN C4 on 19 February 2007
Yep......that's fast!
My only concern with the report on the 911 was that Clarkson pointed out what a useable car the 911 is just a bit too much. At this rate everyone will get one. I mean, why the hell would you not want one? (I doubt I'll get too many responses to that question baring in mind where it is posted)

I think most would want a turbo, but:

1, There is the slight issue of cost, to buy, insure and run.
2, There is the slight issue of availability, 997TT is not quite so easy to come by (I believe) as the 996TT was.
3, They are 4x4 polluting monsters in the top tax bracket and will get you persecuted for being ungreen. Of couse, that doesn't really matter to car fans, but this will disuade those of a Prius persuasion.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118701

I thought JC did a half hearted job of testing the car and looked like he couldn't be bothered. Can't believe there was no Stig lap.... I missed the first 20 mins of TG on Sunday so had to rush home last night to catch the 911 turbo in all it's glory but I was left deeply dissatisfied with the test and thought the rocket thing was a waste of time... but then again I'm being biased :)

And who thinks that Brabus thing was a pile of junk, I bet the 911 turbo would have trashed it on the Stig lap even in the wet.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119579

I only got to watch it last night, the disc in the recorder box was full on Sundy, doh!. Shame the Turbo wasn't around the track, very nice though.

That Brabus looked like shear loonacy!

I loved the rocked thing, looked fantastic.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119612

Have you seen TG's latest viewing figures - over 8 million! That's a pretty big lobby group........

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119693

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by nineoneone on 22 February 2007

Have you seen TG's latest viewing figures - over 8 million! That's a pretty big lobby group........
i had wondered. wonder what they were prior to the hamster crash...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119716

I on;y watched this yesterday on Sky +. Most annoyed with lack of stig lap.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120759

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back