Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Check out my 996 Sport Muff

Billy2Rivers

Hi All, Got my reconditioned Sports Mufflers back from the Platers today. Having have zero replies to my temperature mufflers run to posting, I found a coating from International Protective Coatings that withstands up to 550 degrees C and came in silver, offering maximum corrosion protection and is specifically for exhausts. Coated by CMF of Slough for me. Bit of sandblasting and coating later they look like this. Flippin awesome. Bear in mind these muffs cost £300 from Germany, exactley the same as PSE but without the switch. There being fitted for me next week. I can honsetly confirm I'm officially excited! Regards.

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/IMG_0634.jpg

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/IMG_0633.jpg

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/IMG_0635.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117817

Very nice - how thick was the coating that they put on?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117819

Thickness runs to 56 microns (2.2mils), which will tollerate up to 550 degrees C. I can't imagine they'll run that hot in service

The CMF Slough guys are quite specific with coats and baking time in the oven.

The coating is International Protective Coating Intertherm 50, a high temperature silicone covering.

They look brand new!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117823

By the way, for the uninitiated these are the Mufflers from Germany the

Oettle Autodienst guys.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117827

Just wondering if the extra coating will give them more of a rumble. Looking forward to hearing them!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117833

I hope so. I'll have to figure out a way of recording them next week so you can hear them!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117838

Hi Billy2Rivers,

What do you think of these?-worthwhile mod?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142382

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Billy2Rivers on 15 February 2007

Germany, exactley the same as PSE but without the switch.

This is not the same as the PSE!

I had these and then compared to my friends PSE who didn't wire up the switch and the sound was totally different.

No I am awaiting fitment of the PSE which is unbeatable imo.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142410

I personally would need the switch - the noise is great when you want it but can be too loud in town.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142415

I have got these very ones fitted on mine... for the money they are awsome. They are not loud too in towns if you keep the revs down... they come in when the revs build. At lower revs they just burble... not exactly the same sound as PSE, granted, but a fifth of the cost, are genuine Porsche kit (slightly modded) and very similar effect. Great value mod IMO, particularly if you fit an induction mod as well :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142606

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back