Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Boxster resale...colour and remodel

AlexW

Silverstone
Being about to purchase a new Boxster (987 2.7 model) i have a question abou resale value.

At the moment i am torn between red and metallic midnight blue. Would either of these have more or less of an impact on the resale value than the other?

Having seen on another post the Boxster redesign for 2008 will that have much of an impact on the resale value of the 987 Boxster in about 2010/2011?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116969

If it were myself............metallic midnight blue would be my choice both for looks and resale

and the redesign will have an impact on the value,tho there might possibly be an even greater impact if/when they introduce a new Boxster as 2010/2011 would be when the 987 design is 7yrs old,roughly the same age when the 986 was replaced

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116973

IMHO, go for the colour you prefer of the two, rather than trying to second-guess future re-sale values, as it seems that colour trends are continually shifting - just look at the popularity of silver around 5 years ago, compared with now.

Personally I think the 987 looks stunning in red - after all you are buying a drop-top sports car, so why make it understated!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116982

I'd go with Clipstone. If you want a depreciation proof car then its not a Boxster or any other new car. And if you do find such a car, you will not be aqble to use for fear of the value dropping.

Buy what you like would be my advice.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117010

Like others have said the boxster is no longer a depreciation proof car (hasn't been for some time now). Get one to enjoy it and accept that you're going to lose lots of money on it come re-sale time.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117363

No car is depreciation proof :p

The Boxster is still pretty good, retaining about 65% value after 3 years if well looked after and low mileage.

Looks like red then. Childhood dream and all that...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117399

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back