Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ClubSport -V's- Comfort (GT3 MK1)

Rarer colour the better ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116549

buy on condition

If there are 2 cars (one Comfort, one CS) in identical condition and colour at the same price, then you would go for the CS.

But it depends on the spec of the Comfort (ie, it must have Recaros being the important part).

But otherwise buy on condition. Don't forget that a lot of Mk1s are at the age/mileage where it's critical to check that parts/components have been replaced accordingly.

Shocks are the most common part to NOT be replaced due to replacement cost. I've seen countless Mk1s with completely shagged suspension dragging their noses over the tarmac at bumpy places. Clutches will also need replacement depending on mileage/use.

Oh, did I say buy on condition? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116552

Its a problem with there being so few that you cant always expect to get the colour and spec you want in the right condition. You could spend ages looking (like i did) but you have to be pretty lucky to find what you want - i was, but my car wasn't really up for sale when i bought it.

Location, locatio...... i mean condition, condition, condition then maybe colour :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116557

Who said I was looking to buy one ????

Mileages ? and owners ?

and last question for now.... how can you tell a good one ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116558

no more answers till you tell us the truth, the whole truth, and nothin' but the truth!

<doesthejohnwayneswaggerstrutwithhandsonpistols>

don't care about # owners. get it inspected.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116561

A good 'un - find out its history! most of them are well known so it's not too difficult to do. No. owners not important.

Mileage - mine's just turned 50k and pulls really well but that mileage may put some people off unnecessarily. Have heard of one that done over 80k without work and is strong as anything.

Mk1 gearboxes have weakpoints and the suspension etc will be worn out by 30k so you have o bear that in mind. Mine has had a spot of g'box trouble, is on its 3rd clutch and has had new shocks on all but one corner and its prob due this year!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116563

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 12 February 2007

no more answers till you tell us the truth, the whole truth, and nothin' but the truth!

<doesthejohnwayneswaggerstrutwithhandsonpistols>

don't care about # owners. get it inspected.
Me ! As I said, I am just forwarding my Porsche knowledge !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116579

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back