Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

3.2 Carrera.....'boots'!

HML1473

Sorry about this!........the never ending subject of tyres (again)!

My 911 is currently running on Bridgestone SO2's, 205/55 R16 (ZR) and 225/50 R16 (ZR) N3 rated...........I am looking to fit new tyres in the not too distant future and wondered what you other 3.2 owners had fitted and could recommend. I will be doing about 6k a year max. general motoring in the car.

My other question is, have any of you had experience of event tyres mobile service? (Good or bad). Their prices seem competitive and are currently quoting £395.98 (all in) for replacement Bridgestones! Michelins are not coming out too much dearer!

Thanks in advance

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114143

A friend has used event tyres and said they were excellent.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114147

Same as yours apart from mine are so3's Bridgestones. Not sure of what the difference is.Car drives nice on them.

I will need two rears myself shortly so I shall keep an eye on your thread.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114239

Carl.. check wwwblackcircles.com. I've just put front pair Goodyear GSD's on same size as yours andthey were under £160 fitted and balanced. Once you buy from them they put "£" in you bank for next purchase. They also mark "Porsche" tyres as the more modern ones need "N" tyres to comply with Insurance. Our oldies are OK on Z rated ones..... I hope :?

Anyway.. GSD's are fine. No probs so far and seem to grip well..... not that I drive fast :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115233

Cheers Fiona, I will check that site out. :)
Thanks again

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115331

Howard

try

[u:g2JFIv6mLZ]

as well, speak to Steve, he'll have to order in a set but he runs a mobile tyre fitting service and can source any set of tyres, all in prices are very competitive, tell him you heard about his co' from 911uk

he is the supplier of the Toyo R888 track day tyre that a few of us run

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115494

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back