Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Water"sports"

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 24 January 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dave on 24 January 2007

I agree with Glenn and Simon that there is sometimes unwanted banter in sensible threads. I know that it is impossible for me to post anything sensible without getting some p!sstake from someone, but hey that's what I love about this site and I give as good as I get. With a thread entitled Water"Sports" it was obvious it was going to get some smart comments.

However the point has been made and I think we should all try and refrain from hijacking serious posts particularly those which have been started by relative new forum members.

Hypocritically your's

Dave

Dave, Simon and Glenn, thank you for your comments.

I hope that you will all stick around and help me keep Porsche matters on topic :)

I would like to think that in the last few months thinks have got more clearly with the Members Lounge being better defined, but as with all forums you have to allow for some off topic in some threads and of course the cycles that a forum goes through.

Feel free to pm me at any time with any thoughts, feedback that you may have.

regards

As usual Fuchs over in "johnny foreigner land" doesnt get a mention - tsk typical etc.......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111720

Sundeep - just want to say you do a great job on here. Phil (Admin) was a hard act to follow, but you've stepped up admirably and filled some big shoes. i hope you see my comments as constructive rather than slamming any of the work you've done.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111722

Previous poster said:
Fuchs, what would this place be without you :D

in fairness I was going to comment on Glenn spotting your serious comment but didnt! :D

cheers wuddy (post updated)

Quote: Originally posted by Simon W on 24 January 2007

Sundeep - just want to say you do a great job on here. Phil (Admin) was a hard act to follow, but you've stepped up admirably and filled some big shoes. i hope you see my comments as constructive rather than slamming any of the work you've done.
Of course, feedback is always needed, the good, bad and ugly.

I only have 'a' view of the forum, as everyone see's everything differently I stronghly believe in understanding and analysing all feedback in order to work out how to take the site forwards, it can be very much trial and error, as it has been in the last few months.

The problem I face is that I dont get enough feedback, comments, views, opinions, etc etc whether good or bad. I would like to think that all the changes to date have been right (yes I know about the gallery!)

Obviously when the new site comes on board, it will all be clearer (note to add a feedback button on the new site!) or one day if IT ever get on with it! but that process will take some time and I want as many view's on the new developing site as possible as it can only work with all of your input.

regards

ps, enough off topic or i'll have to moderate myself !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111732

Anyway ... so I tried the water test (you do remember that right?). I dried the area under the driver floormat first as that was a bit wet. Immediately prior to and for some time after there has been no sign of water there, so I'm guessing it's not that.

Any chance it could be connected to the windscreen washer reservoir at all?

Thanks again

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111740

The washer reservoir is right under the NSF - think thats right (left hand side) wing... you need to remove the wheel to get to it. I'm sure it would be too far under to be leaking into the car though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111818

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Fuchs on 24 January 2007

I've been on here 3 years and not met anyone yet - :oops:
You always get invited though....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111819

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by nicola on 24 January 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Fuchs on 24 January 2007

I've been on here 3 years and not met anyone yet - :oops:
You always get invited though....

Indeed i do - and it will happen.........eventually :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111854

Glenn

Did you get chance to look at the washer reservoir?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112354

Nicola

Not yet - thought it sounds a bit like a weekend job and its been too dark when I've got home from work. I have emptied the reservoir by deliberately using up all the water - which must have been in there for years ' cos it smelled foul/rancid. She's due a 48k service soon so if I can't solve it, I'll get them to.

Thanks for the support

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112452

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back