Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Black Chrome Sport Design Wheels + R888s

PolarExpress

Banned
For sale as a complete set:WHEELSA full set of original Sport Design Wheels in the correct 996 GT3 size. These wheels will fit the 996 and they may fit a 993.8J x 18 ET 52 (front)10J x 18 ET 65 (rear)The wheels were professionally colour coded to "Black Chrome". To get this effect, the wheels were stripped, bead blasted, painted black, then lightly coated in chrome before being oven cured. The paint finish has a 3D paint effect: they appear lighter in bright sunlight and slightly darker in dim light/shadows.The outer rims were NOT skimmed/polished as is a more common practice on these wheels which only result in the wheels corroding again. Instead, the outer rims were bead blasted back to bare metal then primed and painted in high-gloss silver. This process is more time consuming, but it ends up being more corrosion resistant and, importantly, no metal is skimmed off during the process.CRESTSThe centre caps are large colour crests in METAL (not plastic), and these have also been colour coded in Black Chrome.TYRESThe wheels come premounted with Toyo R888 trackday tyres (225/40-18 and 285/30-18). The tyres have about 3-4mm of tread (originally they only come with 5mm).£SOLD for the whole set: wheels, crests and tyres. (car in pics not included :wink: )For sale as I switched to Mk2 wheels several months ago (see sig pic) and I keep tripping over these extra wheels in the hallway!Pickup preferred.
P1040869x.jpg

P1040876x.jpg

P1040859x.jpg

P1040882x.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110943

Nice wheels!

If there's anyone out there that just wants the tyres, but doesn't want the wheels, let me know and we'll see if we can do a deal!

I am interested in the wheels (mine are badly in need of refurbishment, and as they've been done twice before, not too optimistic about the long-term success of a third attempt!) I'm happy to collect wheels and have tyres removed, but I don't really want a set of track tyres myself, and have nowhere to store them (and a bit of help towards the cost of the wheels wouldn't go amiss either!)

Alternatively, if you are not to worried about how your track day wheels look, and would like to save a few hundred notes on the above, I could put the track tyres on my wheels and you could have wheels AND tyres for a lot less than above!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110969

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back