Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1979 911 SC

DavidLister

Hi Guys

I am new to the forum so firstly hello to all!

I hope you can help, I'm off to look at a 1979 911 SC it seems like a very well looked after car, owned by a lecturer in mechanics with lots of history. I would be interested in any comments you may have , or advice on what to look out for. I'm hoping to get a bargain at around £7000.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Cheers

Dave

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109200

Hi David and welcome!

I'm no expert in the 911SC, but I've heard good things about them as a relatively reliable and solid earlier 911 that is a good intro into the earlier cars. Good luck with the search and keep us posted!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109208

Hi Dave,

They are good solid cars, but whatever you do, get it checked out thoroughly first because bargains have an uncanny way of sucking £10,000 straight out of your bank account.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109217

Hiya.. welcome. I'm a newbie as well. I looked at a 1981 SC and it was awful! Buyer beware. The one I looked at was leaking oil everywhere, gearbox was shot.. managed to select 5th and reverse at same time! Also rust on inner wings and bottom of B pillars. Interior was badly worn too.This car was supposed to be mint!.. owned by a car club! I'd recommend getting one looked over as yes they can "bite" very hard on the wallet. The one i eventualy settled on is an 87 carerra 3.2 but even with a warranty I've had a biggish bill already and only into 3rd month of ownership.

However.. still love her to bits and having a permanent grin on my face when driving her.. it was worth it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110605

Hi Dave, as above a bargain is'nt always as it seems. However, good luck hope its what your looking for, give it a thorough test drive and look over. Get it properly inspected, might save you 1000's.

welcome Dave,

Carl.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110732

Thanks Guys, great advice. The 911 turned out to be truely beautiful, solid through and through, still has original paint work underneith! Needless to say she is now mine!

Thanks again for the advice - came in really handy!

Dave

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112264

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back