Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Power Flat spot.

whats the cost involved with replacing the MAF - how many are there?

thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110481

OPC quoted me £470, but then it got worse when I was in Germany and the Stuttgart dealer did it (while I waited - no appointment) for €360!!!

I'm guessing the labour isn't that much as they did the diagnosis, changed it, found there was still something wrong, diagnosed a faulty pedal switch as well, changed that all in just over an hour...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110526

JZ Maztech are going to have a look at mine on Tuesday. I think this is certainly the problem and hopefully they can fix it and I'll be able take photo's like your Wattie :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110553

Just found bill from OPC Sheffiled

MAF P996-606.123.00 £275
Labour about £100 ( I also had crank positional sender fitted)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110626

Old forum user Unidentified(11139) wrote:

Thanks everyone, sounds like it could be the maf then. However, I had it on the rolling road yesterday and they said it's quite possibly the injectors which is quite common if a recent coil pack has been needed.

Anyway, anyone got a spare maf lying round i could try? Anyone got a C2 in the Wrexham area I could try their maf off?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111859

~First thing OPC Sheffiled did for me was change coils and plugs (ouch not cheap) but no real change.. Then MAF sorted it... It sems that it's a swap shop method of fault finding i.e suck and see.. All that technology you'd think they would know down to exact problem..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112031

sorry i've been away for a while guys, thanks for all your help on this one. I'm going to try the MAF, Euro Car Parts have them for £150 and it's an easy job to DIY and will save you £100 labour from OPC.

In the mean time, i've heard that the MAF can be cleaned. I think this is worth a go and if it rectifies the problem then i'll definately know.

Has anyone got any advice on how best to clean it and what the proceedure is to change it - i've been told to disconnect the battery first.

thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124878

PROBLEM SOLVED! IT WAS THE MAF!!!!!!

I got one from Euro Car Parts for £150, easy job to do and the best £150 i've ever spent. It's like having the car for the first time all over again. It must have had the problem since day 1 so i've never experienced the full accelleration, but tonight I thought it was going to take off. What fun!

I had it on the rolling road about a month ago to try and diagnose the problem, they said it was the injectors, how wrong they were and it just goes to show how helpful this forum is and you chaps are stars!

Thanks a bunch!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125025

Result!!! Well done for fitting it yourself...

Just shows how much we get ripped off at UK OPCs then - mine fitted at main dealer in Zuffenhausen was around £200 (total bill was £250 including supply and fit of pedal switch), but I got quoted £470 at UK OPC!

Think I'm going to try and do more stuff myself (or go to Germany more often) - got some of the tools, trained as an engineer (long time ago), and I have to admit I found it very satisfying to have saved £100 by fitting new shocks to my Trooper last year myself. :D

<patsselfonbackforcorrectdiagnosis>

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125036

I had similar discussion with Zentrum Nottingham who did MAF recently (on another car) for about £160 fitted.. different to my £450 bill that I paid from OPC Sheffield... They only screw you once (when you know...)...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125044

Yea, OPC do rip us off and thats why I decided to do it myself. I going to do more stuff myself!

Thanks to everyone who posted here, you've saved me a bunch of money so you could say I owe you all a pint.

Can't wait to drive to work this morning!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125066

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back