Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 LHD Foglight

D.Barker

OK so i bought a 2000 996 in Germany, went o have it MOT'd and with a bit of a faf and a few cups of tea it passed.

Only to have the DVLA give me grief about a certificate of mutual acceptance i.e £65 for a piece of paper.

So now they want to inspect the car (s - i have a 2003 boxster too)

Problem is the fog light is on the wrong side! does anyone know how easy it is going to be to get it to the other side?

Do i need a set of RHD rear lights? is the wiring already there? or do i need to extend the loom across?

Other than that i think it will be fine, i have had to adjust the lights in the Boxster to RHD setting and am having to change out the 996 units for rhd ones but this foglight issue is a bit of a pain!

Same question stands for the Boxster too!

Any help would be appreciated as at the moment i have 2 great cars on expired German export plates!!

Thanks in advance

D.Barker

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108822

you did not have to change the front lights on either as there is a switch inside the headlamp unit that changes the setting from LHD to RHD

on the fog light, you will need to check your existing unit to see if there is already a position for a fog light and adding it then more importantly getting the wiring sorted

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108850

Thanks for that!

So is it easy to adjust the headlights?

Any idea if the wiring will be there for the foglight? (heres hoping!)

Then to add to this the MOT was passed as the speedo shows digital MPH do you think the Ministry will accept this or am i changing the clocks!!!

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108853

there is a piece in the manual about switching th headlamps over, but there is a switch inside

you have a digital speedo in MPH that is more than enough

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108858

I am almost sure.... that the rear foglights ( you are also talking about those , arent you ?) do have the position for the bulb already there.

I remember when I was in London , tried to MOT my LHD 944s , they found only one fault. The rear fog light was at the wrong side. I went to my local P-shop , a few hours and it was done.

It can be done easily yourself , if you have the basic car electric skills. Most likely the wiring is there.If not , just run one wire from the existing one , to the other side.Piece of cake....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108881

Yer i think it should be pretty easy! however anyone fancy giving me an idiots guide to quickly removing a 996 headlight without massive problems!!

EKI912 - Yes talking about the rear fogs, bit of a pain - bought a set of second hand rhd lights just in case!!

But that idiots guide would be helpful.......!!

Cheers to all for helping

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109569

Ok really didn't need a guide to remove the headlights! how simple!

Does anyone know how to adjust the beam on a litronic headlight from European to UK beam?

I can't seem to find the adjuster in the headlight, apparently there is a switch??

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109750

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back