Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Twist air intake device

Tim Storey

Suzuka
"Will they really make any significant difference?"

If they did - Porsche would design-in a professionaly engineered version.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108564

and charge £8000 as an optional extra... :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108571

A complete con - a bit like the fabled eBay 'resistor' that will just ***** your engine.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108573

A word of caution: Highly developed engines such as ours are very accurately tuned to give exactly the right amount of turbulence in the intake air at different engine loads / speeds... Increasing turbulence at low speeds may give you slightly increased performance, but will screw up the airflow at the other end of the rev range, and ultimately could result in lean burn problems - such as holes in your pistons!!!!

Car manufacturers spend millions on engine development - specifically on things like optimising gas flows into cylinders and finite element analysis of swirl patterns in the combustion chamber: Hence, technologies like 4-valve, DOHC, variable valve timing, varioram, port injection, multi-point injection, tuned inlet manifolds, electronic engine management, e-gas, EGR, etc. etc...

If it really was a simple as putting a bent bit of steel in the air intake every manufacturer in the World could lay off about 50 engineers, get rid of dozens of suppliers, and slash manufacturing costs overnight.

Have to admit the use of lots of technical sounding words is very convincing though - vortex's, resonance, and all that - bet loads of people are fooled... Then when you ask for your money back as it hasn't improved anything, they will just quote the results of their own 'research' and ask you to prove what your power output and fuel consumption was before and after you fitted it!!! :wink:

Hmmmm.... now there's an idea...

Buy one of my new high polar gain radio tuning aerials... These have been shown to increase frequency attenuation by up to 5%, and amplitude modulation of all FM wavebands is improved by up to 10% - reducing electromagnetic interference hiss by 5% and increasing amplification volume by a massive 15%... These have been fitted to in excess of 50,000 cars worldwide and are now available from Acme wireless technology for the stunning price of just £17.95 plus p+p... They are easy to fit and require no mechanical or electronics expertise, or special tools.

See below for image and ordering details....

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/coat-hanger.JPG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108641

how much? sign me up they look great. are they compatible with 996's? etc etc etc repeat to fade :)
I WANT ONE NOW IT HAS TO MAKE MY LIFE BETTER... and so on

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108662

Wattie You did say you trained car salesmen didn't you? :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108871

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dave on 12 January 2007

And how many car salesmen have you met that have any clue what they are selling??

Try asking Dan about the technical aspects of a Clio :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108872

About as much use as a sports exhaust :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108883

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dave on 12 January 2007

Damn, did I admit that... :oops:

Don't blame me... I've never done any Porsche training - honest! :wink:

Did some mystery shopping for them once though - and guess how I ended up driving one!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109002

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back