Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1973 2.7 RS

try uploading it with out the full stop so 27rssmall i dont think the site likes . in file names

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108580

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by smtk on 11 January 2007

try uploading it with out the full stop so 27rssmall i dont think the site likes . in file names
getting closer :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108582

Bob

email me the pics and I can put then up

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108590

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/rs(1).JPG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108597

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/rslump.JPG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108598

Philip,

The chassis number is 9113600694 and the current owner is the 2nd I believe (although has owned since the car was a year or two old I think....mid-1970's). It looks totally original and has covered 6044km. Not sure if you can tell from the chassis number if likely to be a lightweight or not? My friend is not sure about what paperwork is available as she isn;t going home until a few weeks time when she will try and get it all together. Its a sort of 'time capsule' scenario, I don't think the car has been toiuched much since her father died so possibly a few years? Bob.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108599

FOR SALE:

Grandmother, 76 years old, white hair, very good condition, loves children.
Car purchase forces reluctant sale.

Sensible offers around £125-150.000.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108607

Dr Strange

Bad news im afraid, Ive checed the serial number its actually a poor quality copy, but I will take it off your hands for you for £15K as a favour :D
as I can use some of the parts etc.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108608

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Martyn1 on 11 January 2007

Dr Strange Bad news im afraid, Ive checed the serial number its actually a poor quality copy, but I will take it off your hands for you for £15K as a favour :D
as I can use some of the parts etc.....
ROFLMAO, Bob.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108609

For Sale:

Right arm. Good condition, rarely used, one careful owner.Willing to throw in my high teeth.
£125000. No offers.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108610

A tricky one this...

Assuming I were in the position to buy, I would tread very carefully and retain expert advice, simply because as Philip points out, the market and detail differences at that level are very complex and you need to know exactly what you are buying.

Also, the family should retain expert advice when selling in order to get the best price as there is an RS frenzy out there at the moment.

But in principle, a great opportunity to buy an investment that can go sideways as well as up!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108612

If I were the seller of this car, I would want to ensure that the car went somewhere where it would be cherished by an enthusiast, driven, and maintained money-no-object. Not just to the first buyer with E150k.

With regards to establishing the car's provenance, it might be worth contacting PCGB to see if they can help in any way.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108616

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Fuchs on 11 January 2007
pjmt - why do you respond to my post by saying "in euros maybe" and then continue on to say exactly what i had said that good cars are around 150k........
i take it from you final sentence that you are a dealer of some sort.........

Sorry - you seem to have taken offence - was simply clarifying that very few 2.7RST's would be worth £150,000 (pounds sterling) but Euros, yes - the exception of course being the prototype etc.

Not a dealer - an owner of a 2.7RST RHD, first 500 - this one:

IMG_0288.jpg

...and the Early 911 Register Secretary of the PCGB - I get about five enquiries a week from people wanting to find an early car.

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108618

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dr Strange on 11 January 2007
Philip,
The chassis number is 9113600694

My condolences to your friend's family for their loss - it's important such a precious car (with this very low mileage) goes to to a good home - #0694 was an original Italian market car (country code JV) should have engine number 6630701, is an M472 Touring, colour should be Light Ivory - #1111 (one of 160 in this colour) with black vinyl and cord interior (#12), no options built in February of 1973 formerly owned by Cornelia Bardini, Lucca, Italy

If the family would like to consider selling the car, I believe I know of three people who would, subject to inspection, purchase the car - myself included.

Very much hope to hear from you

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108620

Previous poster said:
Quote: With regards to establishing the car's provenance, it might be worth contacting PCGB to see if they can help in any way.

Adrien - this will not be on David Gilhooley's radar as it's never been owned in the UK - Die Freundschen der Carrera RS in Germany would probably know her - along with John Starkey etc.

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108621

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back