Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Targa leaks

Liam Fisher Jones

Got very wet feet. Major leaks coming through my 79 Targa roof. Just had all the window seals renewed; the doors close fine; slight drop on driver side window which lets a bit of rain in; otherwise, swimming pool in passenger's footwell - any ideas how best to fix this? Anyone know an expert fixer in the London area? Otherwise, which car cover would you recommend - there are so many to choose from!

Thanks.

Liam

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105495

Sorry to hear about your leaks! The joys of Targa ownership!.......Don't know if all the earlier roofs are the same design but it sometimes helps to remove and put back as they can 'bed' in differently each time!......I am lucky I have a very good, well fitting roof and seals.......The angled seal at the front corners of the roof (where joins quarterlights) can be prone to leaks but a smear of vaseline works wonders!......I personally don't know any refurbishers but am sure have seen threads on this site dealing with the subject of Targa roofs!..........Good luck with it!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105602

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back