Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Another Job Done.

Parts

Banned
Have had my new alloys in the house for the last few days while giving them a clean - certainly warmer than being outside.

Am planning to put them on the car in Jan for use over the winter months (thread is getting low on current tyres.

So on G's advice (cheers mate) did the following:

1) Wash, (were already very clean thanks to Ian so just wiped them down)2) Klay,3) Klasse all-in-one Polish4) 3 Coats of Collinite 476 Wax (24 hours between each layer)

They now look mega and should be really easy to clean in the future. Can't wait to put them on the car! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103316

get that camera snapping, now remind me which alloys and your choice of tyres.. this a 2nd set or ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103332

Mine Sport Designs are knackered. These are the shiney new set to replace them. Was thinking of putting track day tyres on my current set - but not sure now.

Here they are:

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/Image007.JPG

Tyres are Contis again. Well please with the last set.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103346

stick to road tyres, you'll wont need TD tyres, consider the number of track days I did in my odd 993 on regular road tyres, they are fine and nought wrong with road tyres...

anyway TD tyres that are N rated are very pricey and dont last at all !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103369

Might just sell the Sport Designs when I'm done with them then. They will nned a refrub for sure.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103371

you might as well as you really need a 2nd set, anyway these are much better looking.....

Conti's.... ok but IMHO Michelin and Pirelli are better suited to UK roads

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103381

IMHO the pirelli's did not suit the car. It was very skitish, much nicer to drive with the conti's. Will probabky go for the michelins next, but happy to stick with another set of contis.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103411

michelin best Chris, contis second and pirelli crap big time,

i got toyo pretend road tyres on now, you have to be caerful this time of year in them

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103418

G just uses pledge!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103448

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 24 December 2006

G just uses pledge!
on the bodywork too ?! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103453

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 24 December 2006

G just uses pledge!
Another proven technique!