Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Centre console lid

Tom Fallon

Is there a quick fix to replace my console lid hinge? It seems to have disintergrated. This is a pain as it does not allow the alarm to arm completely (two flashes and a beep) if I have not latched down the console correctly. Is it a major (expensive) job to have it repaired/replaced?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103123

Is it the catch or is it the hinge?

The lid on its own is quite expensive!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103143

The hinge is a weak point.
I remember reading about this 2 or 3 years ago on PCGB.
The part can't easily be replaced, so they used to charge a fortune at the OPC to replace half the centre console.
Since the hinge is moulded in.
There was a solution that put a new metal hinge with a couple of rivets (I think) into the plastic parts that was substantially cheaper.
I don't have any details.

The simple answer is that it is not that easy/cheap to replace it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103174

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Stuart Martin on 23 December 2006

The hinge is a weak point.I remember reading about this 2 or 3 years ago on PCGB.The part can't easily be replaced, so they used to charge a fortune at the OPC to replace half the centre console.Since the hinge is moulded in.There was a solution that put a new metal hinge with a couple of rivets (I think) into the plastic parts that was substantially cheaper.I don't have any details.The simple answer is that it is not that easy/cheap to replace it.

that is a surprise or maybe not ! but just for a hinge, I think I'll take a bit more car rather than a short sharp tap with my elbow

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103329

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 23 December 2006
I think I'll take a bit more car rather than a short sharp tap with my elbow

now now, no need to rub it in! :( :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103389

Cheers chaps.

By the way Sundeep...not guilty.....previous owner. I've only just bought it. :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103409

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back