Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2 or 3 Piece?

Tom Fallon

Chaps,

Are GT3 18" wheels 2, or 3 piece ? I need to get my wheels (actually, the cars) refurbished and the place I've been told to take them can only do 2 piece (something about the seal betwen the tyre and the wheel).

Regards.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103073

How can I tell if they are Mk 1 or Mk 2? They were the GT3 package (Porsche option) fitted to the car in 1999.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103122

Given that it's a '99 kit, you'll have mk1 wheels. The rim is affixed by alllen cap screws.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103128

Oh and apoint of note is that the screws are apparently quite fragile - whoever is refurbing them must take extreme care (by all accounts - as mine were done shortly before i bought the car).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103133

they also have never made a gt3 wheel in three piece therefore the place you take them to will be able to handle it.

I had mine refurbed recently for £240 for all four to give you a comparison. I was happy with the finish but have this weekend had them re-balanced because they were causing a shake in the steering at speeds above 65mph.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105644

If I remove the tyres and take just the wheels, the cost is similar to what you paid (£240). Its costing me £325 to have them remove the wheels and tyres and store the car for one or two days. They will then balance and replace.

The company are based in Birmingham and have been recommended. I'll find out after the 15th as I have booked the car in and let you know the results.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106128

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back