Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Seatbelt Gong!

Nick Edwards

Does anyone know if there is a way of de-activating the annoying seatbelt gong noise on the 997. I know its safer to wear belts etc etc but I would like to have the choice without the annoying noise to remind me!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 102617

Why not just remove the belts, brakes and all the airbags as a weight saving measure so that you can crash and die at a greater speed??!!

Seriously mate, speaking as someone who has had a particularly nasty upside down car experience, I would just wear the belt to stop the gong noise.

Hope this was a p1ss take and i've been the first mug 'cos i'm really quite alarmed at this ridiculous post.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 102620

I thought everyone worth seat belts these days! I'm honestly shocked.

I can find it annoying when getting the car in and out of the garage though. Tend not to belt up then.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 102640

50 quid - that's the fine for not wearing it - any copper needing a quick hit will pull you.

Just drive with your finger in your left ear and a mobile phone slapped on the right ear... that should do it... steer with your knees.

You sure its a 997 - not a Rangerover driver pretending to have a Porsche?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 102646

there is a way of de-activating the gong but no porsche dealer will carry this out because it is safety related if it bothers you that much we could find you a spare buckle you could plug in

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103038

Thanks for the snappy come backs and the constructive post!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103074

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Nick Edwards on 22 December 2006

Thanks for the snappy come backs and the constructive post!
result on both counts :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103076

Only too happy to help / abuse :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103126

plug in the passengers seatbelt into your holder!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103179

Guys, if Nick wants to drive without a seatbelt thats up to him, I don't see the need for the snide remarks. I am sure more people die each year from smoking, yet we don't lambast the smokers amongst us.

This is not what this forum should be like, we are not PCGB and take pride in our good fun forum, lets not get all PC and judgemental.

Welcome Nick, please don't be put off some of the comments above. If you look on the Rennlist, I think its covered over there!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103195

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 23 December 2006

Guys, if Nick wants to drive without a seatbelt thats up to him, I don't see the need for the snide remarks. I am sure more people die each year from smoking, yet we don't lambast the smokers amongst us.This is not what this forum should be like, we are not PCGB and take pride in our good fun forum, lets not get all PC and judgemental.Welcome Nick, please don't be put off some of the comments above. If you look on the Rennlist, I think its covered over there!
Forum's are intended for providing one's opinion and advice when appropriate. I felt it appropriate to make my opinion that it was stupid and my advice that the seatbelt has saved my life on previous occasion(s).

The rest was intended as humour

I'm off for a unmanly sob after your suggestion that i may have sounded like a bearded PCGB type. Crying into my real ale i'll be.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103205

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dunc on 23 December 2006
a bearded PCGB type
:twisted: :wink:

Ade
PCGB London RO :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103223

lol

Nick its your choice, as long as you are happy not to I dont see how anyone could object, however letting kids ride in a car without them, i would find a crime, and should be punishable with points.

Welcome btw.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103227

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back