Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Prospective buyer...a few q's please.

Nick jones

Hi all,

Looking to spend about £15-17k in March on a 964...yipee my first Porsche!

Here are my questions...

Targa or full drop top?

Buy privately or through a dealer?

Any good dealers in the Midlands...I live nr. Kidderminster (someone has to)

I shall have more q's as I go, but any thoughts on these would be appreciated.

Nick

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100541

I cant help you with 964s but hello and Welcome!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100546

Nick

fewer dealers in the midlands offer 964's but there still are good stocks available.....

garages include, Shirley's which IIRC is near Meriden/Coventry, even 911virgin have a reasonable selection, but most of the best cars are available privately.. but a PPI is a must for any of these cars...

as these are 15 year old cars, you are unlikely to have any warranty cover from any dealer..

as for Targa or droptop, you need to try both to see !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100557

Quick replies...I like that thanks. :lol:

Fair comment re drop top v targa. Someone will havbe to let me drive them before I know.

I'm no expert you see, and so buying privately brings up a few issues. How do other buyers go about it and ensure they're not getting a raw deal?

Many thanks.

Nick

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100561

try the link on the left in the red area that says Buyers Guide

they are very good and a bargain price in view of what you are trying to do

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100575

Without upsetting Admin - Peter Morgans paperback buyers guides are a bargain as well - less than a tenner and very useful.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100583

Peter Morgan even has a new 964 book...

http://www.911uk.com/books.asp

in the amazon link at the bottom on the link that opens up, put in Porsche buyers guide and you'll get straight to the discount price of his latest 964 guide on Amazon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100584

Excellent. Many thanks all!

I guess most Porsche's are held by people that cherish them anyway, though I realise this is no guarantee.

Will follow the links. Much appreciated!

Merry Christmas.

Nick

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100597

Nick, go to see as many as you can even if they not really what you want you will get a feel for what has been cared for etc . check the ads even follow e-bay to see what you are liable to get for £££££s.

cheers

Paul

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100729

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back