Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM1 v PCM2

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Tim Storey on 10 January 2007

I think the answer's "no" but does anyone know definitively whether a PCM 2 system could be retorfitted into a non-PCM earlier car....
Yes it can, OPC do it - I think people have mentioned a figure around £2.5K before.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108322

postamble();
ouch, think i might go with a non pcm becker unit and appropriate upgrades to the sound system, thanks So Poo

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108324

sorry to carry this on further but having just got my first porsche with pcm2, software version 3.00, cd's are dated 08.2003.

i am happy with system layout and functions but maps are out of date, hence

what are my options for updating software \ firmware, maps etc. are the opc's charging the earth.

can i get a version from elsewhere, i understand opel system will work in pcm2.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111521

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Geoffrey Swainston on 23 January 2007
sorry to carry this on further but having just got my first porsche with pcm2, software version 3.00, cd's are dated 08.2003.
i am happy with system layout and functions but maps are out of date, hence
what are my options for updating software \ firmware, maps etc. are the opc's charging the earth.
can i get a version from elsewhere, i understand opel system will work in pcm2.
I know nothing of the Opel system working but you could probably find map cd/dvd's on e-bay???

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111554

thanks bud,

i did that but only found north american stuff or new uk maps on dvd (think pcm2 only accepts cd's)

popping into opc later today will ask tho

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111617

Would be very interested to hear what your OPC say. I queried this with mine on Monday and they told me that "the 2003 discs are the most recent, and there will never be any updates as they are now all going to DVD".

Can this really be true (or fair and reasonable?). I don't seem to recall anyone mentioning that when I was specc'ing the system originally...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111657

i called into leeds opc yesterday and was quoted £430 for recent upgrade cd's. i decided not to bother at this price, but there we have it. some opc's can when others can't.

opel system apparantly will only work with earlier siemens pcm and not becker units after an upgrade.

btw like a kid in a sweetshop, wife had to drag me out of the showrooms kickin and screamin :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112541

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back