Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Picked up GT3!!!

So the search goes on - good luck mate.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103959

I think I may hold off and get a 997 GT3 in a year or so...... I just love the 997/987 but cant afford a 997 3 right now. I have been stung so much by this one that it's really put me off.

I've just arranged track day Insurance as part of my cover for the Box and will focus on driver training right now! May even get a bike too...... :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103966

Shame you have been put off that much - it will be a while before the 997GT3 gets down to sensible prices.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103980

You're not joking!!!

I could be swayed by a 2004/2005 gt3 Clubsport though.... In any colour except silver :) Prices have dropped again i've seen, albeit slightly!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103987

Prices will be even better in March!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104016

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 27 December 2006
why?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104027

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 27 December 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 27 December 2006

why?
Beacuase things depreciate. Does the start of the trackday season tend to steady the prices then?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104028

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Bonno on 27 December 2006

demand v supply ?
Although with the 997GT3s coming though now, should be a few more 996s flying about next year too.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104031

anyone with a new 3 on order for March should be shifting theirs, unless they trade in, however trade in will be to an OPC, and their prices are still high.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104050

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 27 December 2006

Not necessarily so....the number of "good" ones out there is very small if the experiences of Steve & Daz are anything to go by. At the top end, with good provenance, which is what Steve is looking for prices will remain firm.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104054

i agree with Rob, there arent that many out there, and even fewer for sale,

everyone one that has stuck either at an opc or an indie, has a history or a reason behind it, not one good one sticks.

I bought mine b4 the dealer even had it, and was phoning as they appeared on line, however still took me 3 months to find a good one.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104057

Most of the ones I looked at or found out about had issues, most requiring 5k spent!!

There are some good buys though and prices are softening - maybe just a winter thing though. I still think it makes an excelent buy with a more gently sloping depreciation curve than a standard 996!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104059

i agree with Rob re good ones few and far between and they will always hold their value, the ones that stick have history and stick for a reason,

dont touch is the moral, good ones dont even get to the dealer front forecourt.

would you pay £48k for a poor one with a few miles or, £55k for the right one,

at that sort of money you are going to buy the right one, not the cheap one, so as a result, good ones will be a sound investment.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104061

As a comparison, I got mine from an indie in Sept last year. At the time they had 2 GT3's in. The 1st was with them from June 05 & they finally shifted it in January this year. Even to a novice like me it wasn't a good example. Mine they got in mid-week, I 1st looked it over at the weekend, test drove it the next & effectively had it reserved & it was on my drive inside 2 weeks of them getting it. Despite one iffy sill, I think it's a good 'un & had absolutely no trouble with it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104070

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccosh
Back