Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

help with tyre pressures

I am running the Turbo on repaired budget tyres (well on one side anyway) What pressures should I be on? :p

Seriously though (Sorry Stevo) I have found that 35psi front and 38psi rear worked best for me in the 996 Targa. Still having a play with the 996TT currently 36 and 40 which is the best so far.

Can one of the Mods attach one of the more productive pressure threads as it is an important topic.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99681

" I am running the Turbo on repaired budget tyres (well on one side anyway) What pressures should I be on?"

Greater than atmospheric preferably...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99694

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dave on 12 December 2006

I have found that 35psi front and 38psi rear worked best for me in the 996 Targa. Still having a play with the 996TT currently 36 and 40 which is the best so far.

Can one of the Mods attach one of the more productive pressure threads as it is an important topic.

in fairness all of our needs are so different, not just the actual cars, but tyres and weather, etctect

but I've never run a car will psi's lower than 5% and anything below that could be used for comfort reasons but I would be somewhat questioning the car's true ability with anything circa up to 10% and + lower, especially at the rears......

i.e. getting actual temp in the tyres in the winter would be compromised this time of year.....

although the situation with track day Toyo R888's is slightly different, so I have to actually pump them up at +10% in the winter for normal roads just to get heat in the tyres...

the point with 18's is that with the much lower profile of 30, then the ride is much harder than those on 35 or 40..... a reduction of the pressure can reduce this effect but can compromise the tyres ability, so horses for courses at al.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99700

from the 911 993 Porsche Owners Manual...

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/tyre%20pressures%20993SS.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99719

36-44 right as usual Stevo!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99721

sorry for v v late reply. Have been at work and then watching cinderella panto all evening. The ventriloquist... you know what I mean, was very good.

The car is a 996 C4 1999 - sorry for not putting it on the original post. Was in a bit of a rush a the time.

So, please can I have a reply.

thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99825

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by richardofengland on 12 December 2006

sorry for v v late reply. Have been at work and then watching cinderella panto all evening. The ventriloquist... you know what I mean, was very good.

The car is a 996 C4 1999 - sorry for not putting it on the original post. Was in a bit of a rush a the time.

thanks

do you have your car manual to hand ? if so what does it say ??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99826

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 12 December 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by richardofengland on 12 December 2006

thanks

do you have your car manual to hand ? if so what does it say ??
Now I am home have grabbed the manual = 18 inch wheels is 36 front and 44 rear.

Just needed to find out whilst I was not home.

I assume it therefore does not matter about which tyre make / size for 18"

thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99828

Of course you are using Porsche N rated tyres aren't you??

If so....

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/nelsoncorrect.gif

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99829

probably worth leaving your manual in the car....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99830

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Stevo on 12 December 2006

Of course you are using Porsche N rated tyres aren't you??
Oh yes

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99836

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back