Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I think i talked my self into an RS :/

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 12 December 2006

Good things come to those who wait! :wink:
I'm sure they will! Be interesting to hear about it when you eventually get one as they are lovely cars. Would it be fair to say that you're an air cooled / 993 nut then Butzi?

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99665

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by smtk on 12 December 2006

I won’t buy one that’s had a smash. I like to know I could shift them if I wanted too. With a past it means waiting for some one willing to take the risk.I'll get some new tyres and driving lessons for the tubby and if the car still pushes wide on turn in I’ll chop it.I spoke to Steve (JZM) I was asking how i could improve and basically it was a big expensive list of RS stuff and removing half the car. This means i’ll be destroying its value. So seems to make more sense to just swap it for an RS which is about the same money.Downsides for me are- Not wide body- Very showy (I’d want the gt2 body kit)- maybe a little too raw around the edges- would be a left hooker (which would bug me)Upsides- More fun to drive- Less to go wrong- has all the RS stuff already on itLogic would suggest a GT3 but I find bland to look at. If I was to spec a dream one it would be GT2 body kit, black and around 50k on the clock for £50 to 45ish if you know of one just say ;)

do you not need the wide-turbo body in the first place to have the GT2 kit??????..........or can the GT2 kit fit a narrow body easy enough???

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99672

Dunc,
I went through exactly the same thing as you. I had a 993TT with the GT2 body kit on, as below. I did track days and found it great in a straight line, but a bit heavy around the rest ! I looked at getting it modified, but then would reduce the residual, and it had only done 17k miles. So I sold it and bought a BMW750i for motorways and a 930Turbo for fun. Again found the 930 a bit more of a handful, so looked at a GT3 couldn't afford one at the time so bought a 996 ex-race car. Mainly because i wanted to do track days, Le Mans, Ring etc. Sooo much more fun because of the handling...won't go back to 993 etc, even RS, as for me personally the modern cars can be just as much fun and slighlty easier to live with. Saving currently for a GT3 next year, which i hope to get an RSR body attached to (dont ask, its a personal thing and fins and spoilers). So I would recommend, trading in the TT for a GT3, or even better have both.

Juzza
/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/993Turbo(1).jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99675

I thought my ears were burning.......

Out of all 911s, 993 is my fav, and I like light nimble cars instead of GT, not keen on forced induction, so it boils down to a 993RS, with or without gearbox! :wink:

And as for Daz calling me a nut......you can talk......... :wink:
....kettle.....pot....black....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99684

ack my head hurts was dreaming of cars all night strange how a little sleep puts thing into perspective

So a 993rs is to hard to find and i probably wouldn’t want enjoy it.

A 996GT3 driving wise is the car for me but looks wise is a no (besides they are far to common :p)

So I’ve had a brain wave I sit tight for a year then after such time I look for a 997GT3 hopefully by then there would be a few on the market and the worse of the depreciation so be over. Its got the big hips of a 933 (what can I say I’m a butt man) and the grace of a 996GT3

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99696

You will still need to find £75-70k ish for a 997 3

And you'll be standing in a big queue!

You can join me if you like!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99697

Mind you, I have been thinking of getting a Mk1 to go with my Mk2 and Manthey'ing it for track. Just need a bigger garage!

1 years time my Mk2 will be £50k(ish), 997 3 will be £75k (ish) that £25k to trade up, or £40k for a depreciation proof Mk1 3.

or I could go 964RS route and get it 9m'd!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99698

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by smtk on 12 December 2006

So I’ve had a brain wave I sit tight for a year then after such time I look for a 997GT3 hopefully by then there would be a few on the market and the worse of the depreciation so be over. Its got the big hips of a 933 (what can I say I’m a butt man) and the grace of a 996GT3
isn't the 997GT3 narrow body and 997GT3RS the fat ass variant?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99699

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by smtk on 12 December 2006

A 996GT3 driving wise is the car for me but looks wise is a no (besides they are far to common :p)

LOL... you been hanging around this forum/tracks too much :wink:
. I tell ya, not many RS/GT3s on the road! The grass is always greener... :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99744

feck me GT3's common,

unless you go to a track day, you aint ever going to see one,

only 400 odd in the country, if that many, out of a total of 20,000,000 cars,

you would have to see 50,000 cars a day to see one GT3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99749

I must say, GT3s are very common, I had a couple on my driveway just the other day! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99761

noticed you looked very sad to see the last one go, and thus an empty drive :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99764

My neighbours must think I opened a Porsche dealer or something, within a wkend we had 2x996 cabs, 2xGT3s 1x993C2 and a 928GTS on the drive! Just need a 993RS to top the list!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99776

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by F1_Dragon on 12 December 2006
isn't the 997GT3 narrow body and 997GT3RS the fat ass variant?

all the 997s are hippy the rs just has bigger ones

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99822

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back