Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How long to buy a boxster....

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 04 December 2006

Previous poster said:
...however a Boxster is a tremendously capable car....and no more girlie than say a 911 cab tip.....Oops sorry Chris :oops:
Very true - the chasis on the 987 is better than on my 2001 911 cab. Much stiffer and consequently I felt it was more capable in the corners. I really enjoyed driving it for the days I had it.

But for looks I think the 911 destroys it. I wouldn't enjoy looking at the Boxster as much as I do the 911 - and that's part of the reason for buying a 911 - its beauty.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97209

Ask DaveK what happened to him when he drove a Boxster.

I think the new shape Boxster will be atleast in the late 20's.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97216

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 04 December 2006

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:
...however a Boxster is a tremendously capable car....and no more girlie than say a 911 cab tip.....Oops sorry Chris :oops:
Very true - the chasis on the 987 is better than on my 2001 911 cab. Much stiffer and consequently I felt it was more capable in the corners. I really enjoyed driving it for the days I had it.

But for looks I think the 911 destroys it. I wouldn't enjoy looking at the Boxster as much as I do the 911 - and that's part of the reason for buying a 911 - its beauty.

I dunno from the front all the pre-facelift 996's look the same as 986's :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97223

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel on 04 December 2006

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

Why you getting a Girl's Porsche ?

Same Insurance as a 993.......
That's really not nice Dan. You could have phrased it better. :wink:
Sorry...

So why buy a Boxster when you can get a Man's Porsche ?

Hows that Rob ?

I meant you could have been more subtle making the same point....putting forward the pros & cons of getting a Boxster versus a 993...before summing up with it's a girls car.....

Oh... Sorry !

(lets not forget Scott has a CAB too..........)
Oi, my cab is better than a 987 - I drive one the other week (well the 2.7 anyway), but it was fun, I'll give it that

And if I decide to track at Bedford I'm sure the odd lapping of a certain red GT3 and a black 993 will prove that!! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97226

:p
Cheers for the comments guys.

I realise the 987 is newer than the 986. If you look at auto trader there are some trickling through at the low 20's now [and in pretty good nick on the surface] so give it 6 months or so [which is the time im figuring it will take to find the right one] and there should be a fair selection on the market.

Still better than buying it new and watching it lose £10-15k in 3 years :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97389

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rodders on 04 December 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 04 December 2006

I dunno from the front all the pre-facelift 996's look the same as 986's :wink:
Its all about the rear rodders! :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97402

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by AlexW on 05 December 2006

:p
Cheers for the comments guys.

I realise the 987 is newer than the 986. If you look at auto trader there are some trickling through at the low 20's now [and in pretty good nick on the surface] so give it 6 months or so [which is the time im figuring it will take to find the right one] and there should be a fair selection on the market.

Still better than buying it new and watching it lose £10-15k in 3 years :p

6 months from now and demand will be higher tho,especially if there is a sunny day in march :wink:
,the lowest 987 Ive seen on Auto-trader has been £27k so hardly low 20's :wink:
,this next couple of months are probably the best time to buy a roadster tho

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97419

Vivienne has a Boxster and I will give you the main reason to buy a 993 instead - after years of very low depreciation, Boxters are starting to depreciate - 2 years ago the cheapest were 20k, now you can get a 2.5 with 90k miles for around 14k.

However, there is a glut of 3.2 Boxster S - fairly newish, low mileage for under 20k - they are awesome value IMHO!

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97470

but thats really down to the 987 coming out a couple of years ago,the 996 hasn't affected the 993 in the same way purely down to the fact there wasn't that many 993's sold(in comparison to the 996) whereas there has been tonnes of 986 Boxsters sold from 97-04,so as soon as a new model comes out it impacts on the previous model,just look how cheap Audi TT's are getting,there's a few exceptions to the rule and that normally concerns cars that are sold in limited numbers prior to being replaced such as the Mk4 Golf R32

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97474

Previous poster said:
Previous poster said:
Previous poster said:
I meant you could have been more subtle making the same point....putting forward the pros & cons of getting a Boxster versus a 993...before summing up with it's a girls car.....

Rob....Doesnt the 'Mighty GT3' have a make up mirror in the drivers sun visor??? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97486

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by roja on 05 December 2006

Previous poster said:
Previous poster said:
Previous poster said:

Rob....Doesnt the 'Mighty GT3' have a make up mirror in the drivers sun visor??? :wink:

I think it does you know, however I normally put my fake tan on before I get in the car as it's a bit sticky trying to hold the wheel with the stuff all over your hands. :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97492

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 05 December 2006

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:
Previous poster said:
Previous poster said:

I think it does you know, however I normally put my fake tan on before I get in the car as it's a bit sticky trying to hold the wheel with the stuff all over your hands. :)

i thought it was there to make sure your diamond earing hadn't dropped out after some high speed conering ..... :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97505

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Fuchs on 05 December 2006

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:
Previous poster said:
Previous poster said:

i thought it was there to make sure your diamond earing hadn't dropped out after some high speed conering ..... :wink:
Totally uncalled for that...a tart maybe...but not a bling tart... :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97506

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Fuchs on 05 December 2006

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:
Previous poster said:
Previous poster said:

Totally uncalled for that...a tart maybe...but not a bling tart... :wink:

:D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97512

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back