Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

bad day for GT3RS - cheap ??

I came off this year at Brands on a PCGB track day and bent my 996. It was an ex-race car of Mark Sumpters I believe, so had standard engine but carbon fiber GT3RSR kit on it and Penske suspension. I broke front whishbone and did panel damage on 3 sides. PARR who have serviced/geo/set-up my cars, and do a great job, got the estimates to repair the car to be over £30k, so the insurer wrote the car off. I couldn't believe it and was Gutted. I don't have a bad word to say about PARR, good bunch of chaps who know their stuff, but I was amazed at the price of the estimated repair.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99324

It would be interesting to see the breakdown in terms of parts and labour.

I saw a pals repair breakdown that was made up of 10K parts; >2K labour and 0.6K paint. Presumably the profit is in the trade discount on parts. Thats why I don't think there is a "cheap" way of repairing a Porsche (and why the company's profts are so high?). Official repairers also must build in a margin to cover the lifetime guarantee. But thats what we have Insurance for I suppose.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99599

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back