Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Experience of Camtune ?

Kenmode

I wonder if anybody out there has any experience of dealing with Camtune - they are an independent dealership that has a branch near Canary Wharf (handy for a test drive from work). Interested in buying a 996 (2004) from there. Local OPC had scared me witless about buying outside the approved network but I quite fancy saving £4-5k.

Any thoughts welcome,

Cheers

Ken

PS - First post of many I hope...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94375

welcome and have a look at....

[u:YrOurNZhrE]

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94436

Many thanks Admin! I will let you know how I get on....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94569

They're at the better end of the scale IMHO. Service is at Godalming and they're Porsche approved.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94601

I brought my 911 C2 at the beginning of July from Camtune in Godalming. They were really helpful, the car was immaculate and I have had no problems since.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94620

Bought a C4S from Camtune in April. Very obliging (my financing took longer than expected!) Had a problem with a key shortly afterwards (transmitter failed) that they directed me towards OPC Reading as they felt it would get the problem sorted quicker (which it was) - not had any problems since.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95294

I actually didn't find them that great when I was looking.

Poor at returning phone calls and not overly interested in selling me a car when I got there. Found one which was OK, but overpriced and had clearly had some rough tratement.

Told them the spec I wanted and was ready to buy and have yet to hear from them more than a year on and I know they've had cars that would have suited me since them.

Perhaps I caught them at a bad time, but I wouldn't hurry back.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95311

I bought my C2 from them in June. Compared with the service I've received from other dealers (notably Guildford Audi - aaarrrgh!) I found them fantastic. I wandered into the Godalming branch with what I thought was a clear idea of what I was looking for. Richard quickly worked out that I'd been looking at all the wrong cars and suggested that the immaculate low mileage low ownership Arctic Silver C2 that now sits in my garage was what I needed. And he was so right. I wanted the true Porsche experience not diluted by PSM, tiptronic etc and this was it. The best(?) part was after about 4 weeks I noticed a few spots of oil on the garage floor. Blood ran cold. Phoned Camtune and was told to whip it in when convenient. They confirmed my worst fears and said it was RMS. Their warranty covers almost everything except oil leaks and clutch so I thought here starts the long trail of cheque writing that I'd always thought Porsche ownership would entail. Not a bit of it. RMS repaired at their expense and they checked to see if the clutch was OK while they were at it (it was). No problems since and I'm just enjoying the experience of learning to drive all over again. What a wonderful car. IMO Camtune is a top firm and highly recommended.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 96328

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steamy
Back