Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Windscreen wipers and rain

Glenn Wallis

Hi all,

So going into my first winter (actually only my second full month!) as a Porsche owner, I'm bit concerned at the lack of wipeability that my blades offer. They look quite new but continually miss vital parts of the screen. I do like a crystal clean screen.

As my default position for everything from DIY through to anything technical is brute force ... usually with the result that vital bits break in my hands ... any advice on whether I can or indeed should try re-shaping the blade-holder thing (sorry for those not a technical as myself, I couldn't help but slip into the jargon :wink: ) would be very gratefully received.

Cheers all

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94307

Glenn, have you tried rainx ? as I found it workd quite well on the steep angled 911 window !

also wiper contact is normally an easy adjust on the wiper itself..... how old are they ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94440

I thought rain-x was pants as the rake of the screen was too steep, (it's great on the Megane - when I can be bothered)

If your wipers are anything like mine thay are a load of rubbish!

I have 2 speeds, slow and stop!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94450

yeah...

and it normally rains when I have the roof off! :evil:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94494

and snow....

7d11848f.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94495

I don't think you can expect too much from the wipers, mine work at all the right speeds, but I don't think the contact is too great over the whole area of the screen.

But to be honest on the few occaisons that I have been out in the rain in her, it has been more than adequate. Not sure that I would want to be on a packed motorway in heavey rain though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94521

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by nicola on 27 November 2006

I thought rain-x was pants as the rake of the screen was too steep, (it's great on the Megane - when I can be bothered)
now I found the opposite, worked well and due to the poor contact of the wipers it lasted longer.....

it all helps.... you just need to have a clean screen before it is applied

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94571

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back