Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fifth Gear GT3

What I like abut Top Gear is JC sl*gs off the Porker then the Stig sets an awesome lap in it and makes him look like a mere journalist who doesn't know about cars -

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95576

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by LOJO on 30 November 2006

What I like abut Top Gear is JC sl*gs off the Porker then the Stig sets an awesome lap in it and makes him look like a mere journalist who doesn't know about cars -

LJ
exactly but so many people just listen to him and don't question what he isaying, I laughed when he sl*agd the cayman and the same week evo said it was basically the best car they had driven.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95602

Clarkson's a chump, but very entertaining with it.

The feature TG did on the £1,500 Porsche was hilarious and I almost wet myself (a la G Unit when karting, going by the pics) when they went caravanning.

Clarkson also acknowledges that he doesn't always get it right. He'd praised the DB9 to the skies, but was forced to think again when Evo questioned its dynamic abilities.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95818

Nobody takes Clarkson seriously, but that's why he's so funny. The caravan episode (I think it was the first of that series) nearly gave me a hernia laughing! What a way to start a series, all three of them are real joker! Even my wife and her not-interested-in-cars friends watch it!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95835

Clarkson is an automotive comedian

And i lub him

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95874

top gear is top entertainment,

and they do get the cars,

5th gear is cringe inducing telly,

VBH couldnt present herself out of a paper bag, and the other guy, joker,

I dont mind Tiff, he is a good guy.

shame is there is room for a good show which would probably get in excess of 4 million viewers which would be massive for 5

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95884

I agree Daz, it is a shame for Five.

Funny, back around 2000 when BBC had axed the original TG series but before the current version had started Fifth Gear began with the punters in studio format and wasn't to bad.
You have to hand it to the TG producers though, when it came back, with a few elements of FG at its heart, they simply blew Fifth Gear out of the water with every aspect of the programme, the biggest being Clarkson.

Its always funny seeing American's reaction to him. They always take him too seriously and miss the british side of his persona that makes him so funny to us.

TG succeeds because its a good entertainment show that happens to be about cars.
FG hiring Tim Lovejoy and doing similar features is not going to overcome this.
Don't make a date to watch it, but will if I'm in.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95893

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back