Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Biatch to clean a GT3

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 27 November 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 27 November 2006

Some interesting noises & looks in an underpass in Brum Saturday afternoon, with 4 3's :D
would have been 5 but you all legged it as I was still reveresing out of the car park !

Hardly legged it...we were following G in his van...however if you can't keep up with G's van maybe you had better take my title as the slowest 3 driver out there :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94013

At the danger of bringing this post back on track :wink:
, get yourself a Meguiars Wheel Versa Angle Wheel Face Brush and some Meguiars Hot Rims Wheel Cleaner, Daz.

They do a cracking job of my GT3's: about 3 - 5mins per wheel and they're back to looking like new.

I'd appreciate any guidance on cleaning the brake calipers though - what does everybody use?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98622

Daz - you should try the mk1 split rims for cleaning - major PITA!

I've found the 3 is quite nice to clean as its quite curvy and flowing. Only real prob has been with tar spots from sh1tty roads.

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98648

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dunc on 08 December 2006

Daz - you should try the mk1 split rims for cleaning - major PITA!

I've found the 3 is quite nice to clean as its quite curvy and flowing. Only real prob has been with tar spots from sh1tty roads.

Dunc
Dunc,

After 18" BMW M Sport wheels on my last (10 x twin spokes per wheel) the Porsche GT3 split rims are a joy. Reference my last post on this I genuinely don't have a problem with them.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98695

Previous poster said:
Dunc,

After 18" BMW M Sport wheels on my last (10 x twin spokes per wheel) the Porsche GT3 split rims are a joy. Reference my last post on this I genuinely don't have a problem with them.
TBH, they were manky when i got the car but after one thorough clean they've been ok since. They are, however, a lot more labour intensive than the cup2s on my old 993 or the six spokes on my a3! Worst bit is getting right into the split between rim and centre.

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99235

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back