Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

On the hunt! 993 RS

Mick- I am glad you choose to stay on the oil cooled side- My next 911 will be the 993RS

Good luck-

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93457

yes, oil over water every time! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93461

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by pilotpaul on 24 November 2006
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 24 November 2006May I ask... but why the 993RS? Appeal of an "RS" or "lightweight speed" or "speed" or... just keen to understand why you want the RS as opposed to other 993 models...
Ade,

Mick sensibly wants a car that's appreciating in value :wink:

PP

LOL Paul... you should be driving it mate! :wink:
I mean, 4 months = third of the year... in bed! :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93465

The RS is like a fine wine, it needs to be nurtured carefully and enjoyed slowly...

I see GT3's as more of an alcopop - readily available with the guarantee of a vicious kick... :twisted:

Joking aside, the lack of underseal means it will stay tucked up for a while.

PP :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93612

Butzi, I reckon you were a wee bit inspired by last months RS article in Total 911 weren't you mate!

I re-read the article and noticed that Mr. Bruce mentions there was a m007 version for the Japanese market - RHD 993 RS with some luxury items in similar fashion to the 964 Touring. Nobody I know in the Porsche world in Japan has heard of it - must be very rare indeed.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93619

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by pilotpaul on 25 November 2006

The RS is like a fine wine, it needs to be nurtured carefully and enjoyed slowly...

but you still need to drink it!! :D

I think I'll have mine Waxol-ed so I can still take it out for the occasional drive/track days in the winter.

Servo, the fact that some RS exported to Japan had the rear seats in just reassured me that I can put the rear seats in. I don't think there'll be that many RHD RS in Japan as Porsche only made 50 or so RHD worldwide?

Just spent the whole of yesterday being taken the p*ss out of for not having an RS by Daz and Poon, so the hunt has just taken a step up!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93625

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 26 November 2006
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by pilotpaul on 25 November 2006The RS is like a fine wine, it needs to be nurtured carefully and enjoyed slowly...

but you still need to drink it!! :D

I think I'll have mine Waxol-ed so I can still take it out for the occasional drive/track days in the winter. 

Servo, the fact that some RS exported to Japan had the rear seats in just reassured me that I can put the rear seats in. I don't think there'll be that many RHD  RS in Japan as Porsche only made 50 or so RHD worldwide?
Just spent the whole of yesterday being taken the p*ss out of for not having an RS by Daz and Poon, so the hunt has just taken a step up!!

I think Mr Nick Bruce might have got his facts wrong on the 993 in Japan.
Everybody tells me that there was no RHD 993 RS' imported into Japan and having attended all types of events I can say I have never seen one! Might have to write to Total 911 and tell 'em to get there facts right :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93628

Wow that looks great Servo, how may 993 RS are there in Japan? Just out of interest, just how difficult is it to bring a car to UK from Japan?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93639

Hi Butzi

Check this site out

http://carreracars.co.uk/

In my search for the 993, spoke to this chap- Greek guy who imports cars from Europe. Knew his stuff

This red one caught my eye but i don't know the price- What do you think?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93646

hi mick,

g8 to hear that you are seriously going to get an RS,

I suggest a SY Comfort with air, buckets, and that is all, try to find the most unmolested unmoded one you can, and that is the way to gty future value.

Wheels, please go for standard fair, and it must have the big spoiler.

Also consider strongly RHD this time, cos of the future value issues.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93667

The red one looks neat, but it's got roll cage in (not a problem if it's a bolted on one but if it's welded in then I won't be able to out rear seat in) and I'm really looking for a Spd yellow one.

The only 2 must have are Spd yellow and AC, the rest can be changed or added. There aren't that many about so can't afford to be too fussy. Excluded RHD, not so much because of the cost as I'll be happy to pay the same amount for a LHD if it's good enough but the 993 RHD is too compromised and I just can't get on with it.

Few things I would change when I get the car. First is to get rid of the Spdline wheels and get a set of BBS alu racing wheels with gold centre. A pain to clean but much lighter than the Spdline.

Next would be 9M head if the engine is a bit tired. Other things I will slowly change, such as LWF, large spoiler if not already on, bucket seat if not already on, look into renew the rubber bushings on the suspension and chassis.

I haven't even found one yet but I've got big plans for it! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93679

it will be interesting to follow the hunt

:D

what do you mean by comproimsed?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93689

The car was designed as LHD, unlike the later 911s which were designed as LHD AND RHD.

The RHD 993 is therefore a factory conversion, with smaller fuel tank (60l vs 90l) and a few other things like bonnet lever and engine compartment pull knob still on the Lt, not a major problem in themselves other than the offset pedals. However, the RS is meant to be a focus track driving machine, to copromise it, even small amount, just dosen't feel right, esp when you have to pay more for it! If I really wanted a RHD 911 I'd go for a GT3!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93692

Good points Mick, I actually prefer the LHD cars now. Not sure how many RS's in Japan - quite a few by the looks of it

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93861

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back