Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

On the hunt! 993 RS

Carrera

Banned
Ok, Daz is on his way to heaven, we've put up with his umming and uhhing for a long while now. After SunnyD got his yelloow GT3, now Daz, I can wait no longer!

To prevent me getting a nervous breakdown, I have decided to start my hunt for a Spd yellow 993 RS!

I'll post a thread on the car wanted section about what I want, and please put up with my umming and uhhing about what wheels, specs, seats etc etc.....

Anybody out there including dealers know of any car that fits the bill please let me know, either here or pm. Thanks. Here we go........

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93275

LOL... we should post a warning to any new people registering on 911uk that they will start having a serious itch that must be scratched! :D

Mick, a good starting place for a 993RS would be to have a word with Paul McLean at GT Classics...

Good luck!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93276

What about sweepstakes on how long Mick takes to find a car, how many false starts he will have and how many pages of threads we will have to read through about whether or not the kids fit in the back before he gets there! :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93278

I'm jealous already Mick! A SY RS has got to be one of the finest looking 911s out there. I'll kick things off then - which spoilers?

Porsche%20993%20P4%203.jpg

I reckon the SY colour and spoiler wise is perfect. I'm not so keen on the monster front & rear spoilers.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93279

As above, I prefer the one without the RSR spoilers. Is it normal for RS's to have a top end rebuild at 75000 kms?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93283

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 24 November 2006

Ok, Daz is on his way to heaven, we've put up with his umming and uhhing for a long while now. After SunnyD got his yelloow GT3, now Daz, I can wait no longer!

To prevent me getting a nervous breakdown, I have decided to start my hunt for a Spd yellow 993 RS!

I'll post a thread on the car wanted section about what I want, and please put up with my umming and uhhing about what wheels, specs, seats etc etc.....

Anybody out there including dealers know of any car that fits the bill please let me know, either here or pm. Thanks. Here we go........

What is going on ???

Daz, Mick and Dan all now making decisive decisions....

:eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93287

The top end rebuild at 47000 miles does bother me a bit, e-mailed to ask and waiting for reply.

I like both the small and large rear spoiler but really not too keen on the front splitter that comes with the small spoiler. So I guess I'll go for the RSR given the choice. Didn't like the large spoiler to begin with but it's growing on me!

As Richard has mentioned, kids will need to have their seats at the back somehow but we can discuss it in page 342! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93291

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 24 November 2006

As Richard has mentioned, kids will need to have their seats at the back somehow but we can discuss it in page 342! :wink:

So this is going to be more difficult than finding a GT3 then! :eek: :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93300

So it's a...

SY 993 RS Comfort with the Clubsport aero package!

Depending on who did the top end rebuild, imho this could be a good thing as the motor will be fresh rather than a tired original motor that needs a £5k top end that you will have to undertake (could also be a good thing depending on the budget!)

For this kind of car, I'd drop a note onto the PCGB 993 RS register to enquire about cars that may be for sale. There is a lot of knowledge there about existing cars in the UK and any that might be for sale soon.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93304

Ad also say it's never been tracked. Seems odd that the top end needed doing at such low mileage. Still, as long as it was sorted properly it shouldn't matter?

Was looking on mobile.de. They've got a 993 C4S on there with a 3.8 lump in from the factory. It's done 15,000 kms and they want 74500 Euro! I almost fell off my chair!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93307

May I ask... but why the 993RS? Appeal of an "RS" or "lightweight speed" or "speed" or... just keen to understand why you want the RS as opposed to other 993 models...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93313

I've had my C2 for some yrs now and over the yrs I've been slowly turning it into a sort of a lardy RS. I spent a lot of money on mods, thinking it was going to be a keeper simply because I didn't think I could get an RS for practical reasons, ie no garage space, no rear seats etc. now that the garage is cleared, rear seats look possible, and I'm not using the car on the road for much more than an occassional school run, an RS becomes a possiblity

It's not purely the speed I'm after. An RS is probably not a great deal faster than my C2 now, and a 996 even in standard form is prob faster. It's the feel of the handling, the looks and what it is.

There's also a financial reason too. I can spend thousands on my C2, and at the end of the day it's not gonna be worth much more than a standard C2. If I prang it now, say causing £10 worth of damage, then that's more than helf the value of the car, a decision will then had to be made whether to fix or to scrap for bits.

However, the RS is at least maintaining if no increasing in value. If I had the same prang, causing £10 worth of damage, with the car costing £50k, it's not a hard decision!

Afterall, the RS is more than the sums of its parts and it's very much a emotional purchase.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93323

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 993C2S on 24 November 2006

Ad also say it's never been tracked. Seems odd that the top end needed doing at such low mileage. Still, as long as it was sorted properly it shouldn't matter?

Was looking on mobile.de. They've got a 993 C4S on there with a 3.8 lump in from the factory. It's done 15,000 kms and they want 74500 Euro! I almost fell off my chair!
Gmundcars sold a RHD version some time ago for approx £35K.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93416

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 24 November 2006
May I ask... but why the 993RS? Appeal of an "RS" or "lightweight speed" or "speed" or... just keen to understand why you want the RS as opposed to other 993 models...

Ade,

Mick sensibly wants a car that's appreciating in value :wink:

PP

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93424

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back