Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

'98 LM winning GT1s

PolarExpress

Banned
In 1998, Porsche scored a victorious 1-2 win at Le Mans in the GT1 category with the pair of no.26 and no.25 GT1s driven by Aiello, McNish, Ortelli and Alzen, Muller, Wollek respectively.

It was the last time that Porsche competed at LM in the GT1 category, and following the GT1s retirement, the engine was transplanted and was the building block for my beloved GT3 launched in 1999.

To commemorate the occasion, I acquired a signed painting but I was on the look out for a detailed enough model for the living room. There are plenty of cheap die cast models around, but I was looking for something a bit more special.

It was by chance that I found a rare no.25 '98 LM GT1 faithfully recreated by BBR Models, handmade in Italy and only about 5" long, sitting in a dusty corner of a petrol station in near the 'Ring (where else!). This set me on a small goose chase to find the matching winning no.26 car. After a small search around Europe, I finally found one and received it today from Holland!

So here they are, reunited at last, the '98 LM winning GT1s...

P1060341x.jpg

P1060342x.jpg

P1060343x.jpg

P1060344x.jpg

P1060345x.jpg

P1060346x.jpg

P1060348x.jpg

P1060351x.jpg

P1060353x.jpg

and the signed picture of them...
NickWatts_GT1_1998.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93129

Does Matty get to play with them? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93142

"Look Mattie, DON'T TOUCH!!!" the mantra goes... :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93146

Can't you get GT1 cars for Scaletrix?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93149

dunno? would be nice tho! don't have scalextric at home... takes up too much room!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93158

I have the same picture awaiting framing and a 1:43 model of the Allan McNeish car in my downstairs toilet. Still searching on eBay (where else!) for the other 1:43 model. Also got Allan to sign a photo at Le Mans last year, Stephane Ortelli and Laurent Aiello were bagged a few years earlier. Doubt I'll ever bump into the other drivers though ......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93439

You should have received photos of the drivers signing your exact print (they were all numbered) and also a certificate of authenticity. Did you get these or check with whom you bought the print from?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93462

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 23 November 2006

I can imagine the talking to......

your toys, my toys :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93467

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 24 November 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 23 November 2006

I can imagine the talking to......

your toys, my toys :wink:

All children - no matter how old - need to learn to share at some point! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93470

"it's a model, not a toy"... it's great he can read now!

"Model, not a toy - unsuitable for children." :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93479

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back