Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Warranty 997

HRobinson

Oh dear, its started..

Porsche replaced the flywheel to try to help the gearchange out, unfortunately this hasn't cured it. They are now saying that a vibrating pedal, clunk on take up, jumping out of gear, crunching from 1st to 2nd and occasionally not being able to select first from a standstill is normal and part of the car :roll:

I have been told (unofficially) that this is not an isolated case.

The registered letter of complaint has gone in already and they still have the car - any advice peeps?

Matt

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92422

have you spoken to Porsche France ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92645

Not yet, the OPC i am using is in Holland as thats where i am working at the mo.

Not giving up hope yet but will be calling tomorrow. Fingers are crossed.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92724

hhhhhmmmmm hope you've got a nice temp car from them ?

but they are still 100% committed to foxing the problem ??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92727

No - no loaner, and at present they are trying to wash their hands of it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92732

oh my ! normal ? I think not !!!

you have consumer help groups out there ? get on the phone to Porsche Holland and France !!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92742

On it AM tomorrow. Not impressed though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92743

Good luck with this - give them hell.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92823

Hmmm..

After being given the run around today by various people i finally got to talk to 'The Man'

It appears that vibration of a sort is to be expected through the clutch on a 997. Honest, no really, its true - gods honest guv!

However he was not aware of the additional problems (crunching etc) so will be looking into it again tomorrow. Will be calling......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93005

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by HRobinson on 23 November 2006
Hmmm..
After being given the run around today by various people i finally got to talk to 'The Man'
It appears that vibration of a sort is to be expected through the clutch on a 997. Honest, no really, its true - gods honest guv!
However he was not aware of the additional problems (crunching etc) so will be looking into it again tomorrow. Will be calling......

I don't believe that the vibration is expected. Do a search on RENNTECH or RENNTEAM or RENNLIST. I am sure I have seen comments on people having such problems and even better I have heard there is a TSB for it!

Not sure if this is the correct one but do a search when you have a bit of time - I am off to work soon so I can't - sorry

TSB # 3005 dated 04/2005. For Clutch

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93107

Thanks Servo - i included the link from Renntech in the latest email to them. It appears the engineer who has the say as to what is 'normal' returns on Monday, although he as already said there was a problem :?

Porsche Holland appear to be taking this seriously, but it seems it will boil down to one mechanics opinion against mine as to what is acceptable.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93374

Might be time to get a different OPC involved! Let us know how you go mate!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93409

No vibration on a 997 clutch - what a load of crap IMO!! Drove one for 700 miles and it was exactly the same as my Box 987! First can be a struggle for a new car until it's a little warm and you have some miles in it but you should be able to select it just with a firmer hand!

Don't listen to anyone dismissing the case. I had my Box 987 replaced under warranty but it was a struggle. Sound like an issue with the gearbox or possibly clutch mechanism.

Ask for the regional Porsche Area Managers name if you cant get any help from the DP.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93422

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back