Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help on a 997

chris holmes

looking at 997`s at early to mid fiftys on 54/05 plates private/independant dealers with all the important extras and colour combos. But really worried about the dip I might take on 18 months ownership.

I know none of you have a crystal ball, but what would you expect the car to depreciate by over 18 months.

chris

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92324

IMHOI think for a C2S

A £59995 is probably worth £55 in the trade, in 18 months time i think it'll be worth about £40/45 trade 45 to 50 retail subject to mileage

C2 non S appear to be a lot less desireable

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93691

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by mark pearce on 26 November 2006

IMHOI think for a C2S

A £59995 is probably worth £55 in the trade, in 18 months time i think it'll be worth about £40/45 trade 45 to 50 retail subject to mileage

C2 non S appear to be a lot less desireable
Thats not bad ! I was hoping that in two years my (4 year oldby then) C2S with 20,000 miles on the clock will be worth around £50K. It thats the case, I'd be chuffed !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93721

We were discussing this last night - if you can get away with £5K per year on a nearly new 997 you are doing really well. More likely to be £7K though.

If you can get a 54 plate C2S for low to mid £50Ks then in a couple of years you will get £42K + for it easily.

All IMO though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93785

I don`t mind losing £7k a year. Just looking for the right car now with £50k to spend.

Anybody else got any thoughts?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93878

you wont get a C2S for £50K,

a C2 with a bit of searching, but for 50K the only C2S i think you'll find will be 25/30,000 Miles

there are C2 for 51/52

The C2S appears to be the one people want

c2s=3.8

c2=3.6

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93880

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by chris holmes on 22 November 2006

looking at 997`s at early to mid fiftys on 54/05 plates private/independant dealers with all the important extras and colour combos. But really worried about the dip I might take on 18 months ownership.

I know none of you have a crystal ball, but what would you expect the car to depreciate by over 18 months.

chris

mid 50's today to mid 40's in 18 months+ depends where you sell and how.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93928

997s have really been hit hard recently. The OPCs are bidding £15k-£20k less than the original price for a one year old 997C2S.

This is unheard of for a 911. With Porsche chasing volumes, the uncertain economic climate, and the facelift model around the corner etc... the previous wonderful residuals are no more.

Remember once you come to sell, the market for private buyers for cars of this value is small. Most would prefer the perceived reassurance of paying extra at the OPC. So as usual they have a captive market, which they exploit with margins approaching £10k.

I guess once a 997C2S has taken the initial hit, if it has a nice spec, and you don't pile on the miles £6-7k/year loss is feasible.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94802

Based on Rohits comments the best way to buy in the UK is to get a PPI, buy privately get a Porsche warranty . You don't see many cars available with a price of GBP 15-20K less than new.

If the car is only a couple of years old I wouldn't be worried at all about buying second hand! At the end of the day even if you buy from an OPC something can go wrong. At any rate, I would give a little extra to a private individual than pay a whole lot extra to an OPC.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94822

so if a 997 c2s is £60K at OPC I should be getting the same car for £52K private?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94901

More likely the private seller would try and split the difference and get £55K for it. You might get one down to £52 though. I havene't seen any at that price though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95004

I looked for a private car, but just couldn't find what I wanted, plus the amount of time it takes is so huge that although I might have saved a chunk of money, I just couldn't afford the time, I think people forget that part of it sometimes. I've come to the conclusion that cars just loose much more than you ever plan anyway. So buy it, drive it, enjoy it and sleep soundly in the knowledge that your 911 will probably loose no more money than if you bought a brand new Vetra :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95042

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by sTTu on 29 November 2006

I've come to the conclusion that cars just loose much more than you ever plan anyway. So buy it, drive it, enjoy it and sleep soundly in the knowledge that your 911 will probably loose no more money than if you bought a brand new Vetra :D

exactly ""!""

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95062

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back