Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Winter Clean...

Parts

Banned
Well the car has now had it's winter clean. Was strtetched out over 9 days so was glad to drive here after that. All the polishing and waxing was done in the garage under lights so could see all the imperfections in the paint. Worked really hard but couldn't get them all out (Some work for G next year me thinks!). It had three coats of Glasur all with at least 24 hours between them. Put three coats of collinite on the bumpers and rear spooiler.

Was a little disappointed until I got it outside. Then I realised it was actually looking really good. Sorry about the rubbish picture - but it was the first sunshine and blue skies I'd seen in days!

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/Polishedforwinter.JPG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91981

It looks real well! I dont think I have ever done a 9 day clean!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91990

Well, if I were you, I'd just pop it back in the garage after all that hard work. I went down to Wiltshire last night in foul weather, and just got back in to town after more foul weather on the way back so the car is a nice cross between arctic silver and muddy brown. Yum. Don't think I'll bother cleaning it before driving up to karting either.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91993

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Elite on 21 November 2006

It looks real well! I dont think I have ever done a 9 day clean!
Probably only about 10-12 hours in total though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91997

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by The ghost of Eff on 21 November 2006

Well, if I were you, I'd just pop it back in the garage after all that hard work.
It is - and now it waiting for it's trip to Brum!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91998

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back