Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

another GT3-MK2 anyone seen this one ??

Ooops - posted in the wrong place - sorry Admin :oops:

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92082

Wow - that's a lot of 996s and a lovely 2.0 S. What was the GT2 like and did you sell her?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92086

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 21 November 2006
Wow - that's a lot of 996s and a lovely 2.0 S. What was the GT2 like and did you sell her?

The GT2 was, erm - mad? :eek: :wink:

On road the wide track made it difficult to hussle down the lanes where I live - and it was just toooooo fast for motorway use - forever getting the 'bing' as I hit the speed limiter thingymagig.

On track, the Turbos were a pain - and with that big fat arse, if you lost the back end it became very, very lary - and then the Turbos reminded you they were there.

Awesome fun - but for just tonking around where I live, a 3 is infinitely more refined and useable. A real precision driving tool.

I sold her to a great guy locally who used her for trackdays - used to see her at Paddock Club days - lovely car :)

Biggest mistake I ever made in it? I'm at Silverstone with Tim Sugden; "Tim, I'm not convinced the set up is right on the GT2 - could you see what you think?" - "Sure, jump in..."

They had to pull my fingernails out from the dash top! :eek: :eek: :eek: :wink: :)

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92171

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dunc on 22 November 2006
Daz,
Dunno if this is up yer street but might not be too far from me to go and have a gander?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/115441.htm

Just a thought
Dunc

Looks like a sweet car - however surely it's Guards Red not Zanzibar as he says in the ad?

ALSO with a full cage (although no pics) and Nomex seats, she's most likely a Clubsport - so single mass flywheel etc. - nice rare car.

The steering wheel is a little to shiny so I'd want to check and double check the mileage - but if it's a CS then it's one of 30 or so RHD and in the best colour - but I am biased :oops:

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92543

Could be Zanzibar - unless the red has faded a bit.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92564

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 22 November 2006Could be Zanzibar - unless the red has faded a bit.
Nooo - Zanzibar is a metallic - almost 'bronze' in colour - like this:

image008.jpg

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92588

Just thought I'd mention that I had that Seal Grey one checked at an OPC via the reg number and apart from a couple of ignition coils seemed ok. Just to let you know.... :D Not going for it as no aircon but that's only 6k to fit from Cool It (checked!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92624

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by scotia_steve74 on 22 November 2006

Just thought I'd mention that I had that Seal Grey one checked at an OPC via the reg number and apart from a couple of ignition coils seemed ok. Just to let you know.... :D Not going for it as no aircon but that's only 6k to fit from Cool It (checked!)
interesting, if they did a better deal on the price than no air con isnt that bad..... the weight saving is massive and the same car with air con would be 50+

6k to fit, is that for real !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92631

Oi Philip - pmjt!! That's a picture of my car you've posted ;) and it don't do Zanzibar any justice!

I saw that ad when it was on Autotrader and it was a GR CS then so hadn't looked at the PH ad. It definately looks GR to me and is CS. 'Tis a Scottish car but not known to me and has had a price drop recently.

You got a Zanzibar mk1 then? Is it a CS??

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92859

Dunc you repeating yourself, did you get an error message when you posted?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92861

Was accused of being a spammer to which i took great offence then re-posted. Have now deleted the first one.

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92876

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dunc on 23 November 2006
You got a Zanzibar mk1 then? Is it a CS??
Dunc

No :)
I just did a google for a zanzibar car and caught that link :wink:
Mine is a Guards Red Mk.2 Clubsport - here's a piccie:

DSC00348.jpg

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92930

Guards does suit the 3, looking very well!

Also like the logo mounted in the garage, pinched from an OPC being facelifted by any chance?

Dare i say that black wheels would give a full on race look with the RS spoiler?

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92947

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back