Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GT3 RS Delivered

gorgeous, no compromise!!!!! :)

brilliant write-up, thanks for sharing, welcome to the forum, look forward to more of the same, you have set your bar high!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91908

Many thanks for the warm welcome!!!

I'll be driving this weekend again, weather permitting, and share some new experiences. For those of you waiting for one I can only say that you have something very special to look forward to.

I have realized, however, that if you don't plan on tracking the car I would get a base 911/S. There is just so much potential that street driving is a bit frustrating. I guess this is not new to any of you, but driving teh car has just hit this home very clearly for me.

To be continued!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91920

'Tis a frustrating time of year over here in Britain too as the road gritters come out and there are wet leaves and mess all over the roads. Not a GT3's ideal environment but its worth getting out any decent days that come along.

Stunning car that, would love to see it in the flesh (or in better photos ;) ). Make the most of it just now so that you're used to it when the good weather comes and it'll be nicely run in for track days.

Incidentaly, isn't Sweden quite strict on trackdays etc.?

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91923

JFT

get some winter tyres on it !!

for these new spec Michelin piplot Cups were there any special instructions of disclaimers from the dealer when you picked up the car ?

my Manthey GT3 is so yesterday ! :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91925

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dunc on 21 November 2006

Incidentaly, isn't Sweden quite strict on trackdays etc.?

Dunc

Hmmm. Not really. Lot's of good opportunities and some nice circuits too. This said a trip to the Ring is planned!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91969

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by admin on 21 November 2006

JFT

get some winter tyres on it !!

for these new spec Michelin piplot Cups were there any special instructions of disclaimers from the dealer when you picked up the car ?

my Manthey GT3 is so yesterday ! :eek:

Yes. The dealer mentioned about 100 times that I should take it easy in teh wet and cold weather and that they were prone to aquaplaning in puddles. But, as said, I wasn't really paying attention. They are a bit slippery when cold, but seem to manage rain just fine.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91971

the tread pattern on the Pilot Cups have a lot to do with it, as there are ineffect no real rain channels for the water to be pushed out.....

when they wear out the Toyo R888's are highly recommended and not bad in the rain as well ! !

any more pics ???

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91974

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by admin on 21 November 2006

the tread pattern on the Pilot Cups have a lot to do with it, as there are ineffect no real rain channels for the water to be pushed out.....

when they wear out the Toyo R888's are highly recommended and not bad in the rain as well ! !

any more pics ???

Many thanks for the advise. I have some more pics, but they are poor quality. Promise to do better over the weekend!

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/x1.JPG

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/x2.JPG

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/x3.JPG

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/x4(1).JPG

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/x5.JPG

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/x6.JPG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91985

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by J_F_T on 21 November 2006

Previous poster said:
Hmmm. Not really. Lot's of good opportunities and some nice circuits too. This said a trip to the Ring is planned!
We will be going a few times next year - would be great to see you there. :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91992

JFT, welcome. You're not by any chance anywhere near Nassjo (english keyboard so no umlauts possible!) are you?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91999

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 21 November 2006

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:
We will be going a few times next year - would be great to see you there. :D

It would be great to meet up! Any dates planned already?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92011

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by The ghost of Eff on 21 November 2006

JFT, welcome. You're not by any chance anywhere near Nassjo (english keyboard so no umlauts possible!) are you?

Thanks! No, I'm from Stockholm!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92012

We're not that organised - But definately one around the 2nd July and proabably one at end of April time.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92015

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by The ghost of Eff on 21 November 2006

Thanks! No, I'm from Stockholm!

Shame, otherwise I could have dropped by and blagged a ride off you. :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92017

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back