Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 - Potential Purchase

So you recommend the red Gt3? I saw a red 996 3.4 the other day and it was drop dead gorgeous. Current car is Seal!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90314

the red one requires new brake disks, paint work, pads, tyres and an OPC wtty,

you want that done , kiss goodbye £5k

they wont do it for £49990

ask me about another GT3 please, I am the font

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90315

Competition is hotting up for a sound GT3 Daz.....glad I got mine last year...before they became popular.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90317

there are no good ones I think rob,

sometimes think that get a new one, and be done with it

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90318

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 15 November 2006

True, could get a duff one like mine with mix & match sills :roll:
. I think the older they get the less likely you are to get a sound one

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90319

I think a quarter of its the dealers, if they'd serviced the cars properly, you'd of bought one!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90321

So is that Seal Grey one a duffer too? Asked Solihull about the car as they knew it and they said there had been no issues with it!

22k means service in 2k yes? And needs a new Porsche warranty. Wonder if the Pccb's are kacked!

Could live without Ac...

Think others will come along llater in the year/winter at a similar price?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90325

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 15 November 2006
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 15 November 2006no air con is a major problem.... for that car.... but if you're keeping for a while as say a 3rd car then it shouldnt be a problem..
How come you track guys spend a fortune on alloys that are 3kg lighter per corner, but have air-con that adds 20kg! :eek:
[/i:JQQhVUyrYj]

Because at speed, every 1kg saved in unsprung weight is the equivalent of saving about 10kg in sprung weight. This is not a precise formula, but it is the ratio traditionally adopted in racing. Under acceleration, the ratio changes to be as little as 1:2 (unsprung:sprung).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90333

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 15 November 2006

Took me seven cars and five months + another 10 phoned up for to find an unshunted low mileage car - at 49.9k there's a history to that one - has to be - an honest car is worth 52 to 55 any day.

If anyone is *serious* and you're looking at a car my way, I'll come along with my paint depth guage - reveals everything people try and hide :roll:

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90336

is it worth getting one of them

i agree with your statement re the 52 to 55, do you think the Opc is the place to get one of them

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90337

That yellow one at GTClassics has been snapped up... it sounded like a good one and Paul only has good examples.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90341

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 15 November 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 15 November 2006

How come you track guys spend a fortune on alloys that are 3kg lighter per corner, but have air-con that adds 20kg! :eek:
[/i:BHCDJWxIOO]

Because at speed, every 1kg saved in unsprung weight is the equivalent of saving about 10kg in sprung weight. This is not a precise formula, but it is the ratio traditionally adopted in racing. Under acceleration, the ratio changes to be as little as 1:2 (unsprung:sprung).
So my new Carrera wheels are going to be the business then. Saving almost 3kg on every corner. I didn't know that Ade - you are a font of knowledge! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90353

:oops:
No fount of knowledge, just happy to share what I've learned from others. One big happy family ya know! :)

Great choice on those 5 spoke Carreras! Nicest looking wheel Porsche selected for the 996 imho (and best too give their light weight).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90359

Yep - pick them up on Friday - with any luck. Will wait until my current tyres are done before I change them though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90366

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back