Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Heated Seats

uuf361

Daytona
My heated seat appears to have stopped working :(

The button presses but the light won't stay on and it doesn't get hot.......the passenger one is fine.

Anyone had this before and most importantly any thoughts on whether it will be covered by the extended warranty or I am looking at nice bill frfom the OPC ?!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89363

I would have thought that it would be covered. Most electrical bits are.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89365

Not unless they can claim it is wiring. The saga with mine still continues.

Try moving your seat, does it start working again, or possibly do what mine does and come on randomly? Someone on here suggested the timer relay. OPC says not and hit me with a bill for looking at it as it was wiring.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89401

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by uuf361 on 11 November 2006

My heated seat appears to have stopped working :(

The button presses but the light won't stay on and it doesn't get hot.......the passenger one is fine.
Same happened with mine - well within warranty, but told not covered by OPC that I bought car from... I was also told it was the heating units themselves that had failed (rather than wiring) and still not covered - even though I had never had them working (hadn't even switched it on after buying the car!)

Net result: still not working! (don't need to use it, so I'm certainly not going to pay for it at OPC prices anyway!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89402

I'll be calling the OPC on Monday to check if it is covered.....and if so they can have it in....if not will have to think how much I need it, but I do like it on cold winter mornings!

Will try moving the seat etc.....hasn;t worked since Fri night and checked a few times now :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89479

It sounds like one of the seat heating elements has gone open circuit in the offending seat, this calls fora new seat element and the seat to be stripped in order for it to be fitted. I think this should be covered under porsche extended warranty but best to check first.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90102

Well how unamused am I!!!!!!

Spent 2 hours at the OPC to be told it was not covered (I can't remember what bit is broken but it's not wiring, possibly the element).

They want £433 to fix it.......I showed them the page in the book that say seat heating is covered and that it doesn't mention certain bits aren't covered so said as the seat heating was not working it should therefore be covered by the warranty as stated in their policy booklet!

As the car is only 2.5 years old the guy said he would go back to Porsche to see what goodwill they would provide and I explained that was fina s long as the goodwill gesture was £433.....

If not, I will be talking to the FSA regarding being mis-sold the warranty and doing a credit card chargeback and writing to Porsche GB, the warranty company et al with copies of the page form the booklet that shows it is covered asking for an explanation.

Can you tell I'm not too happy at the moment ?! :evil:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91060

very bad form Scott, do what I told you on the phone, I am sure you will get a result.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91074

Ive had problems with heated seats on nearly all the vehicles I have had with them.The worst being one in a brand new Scania lorry which burnt through the seat foam and my jeans scorching my bum cheek and filling the cab with smoke!!

Seriously though it sounds like you are being fobbed off so I would take the car elsewhere(another OPC),and see what they say

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91080

A bit of persistence pays off.

Called Porsche GB this morning, explained the problem. Very helpful goes away, promises to call back within the hour and does to say it is still being looked into.

Just got a call saying the part is indeed covered and now has been ordered by the local OPC.......

RESULT! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91510

Good work - shouldn't have been that hard though!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91514

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by uuf361 on 20 November 2006

A bit of persistence pays off.

Called Porsche GB this morning, explained the problem. Very helpful goes away, promises to call back within the hour and does to say it is still being looked into.

Just got a call saying the part is indeed covered and now has been ordered by the local OPC.......

RESULT! :D

Well done Scott, no need for you to cover your ass in the winter now !! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91515

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back