Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Latest Generation RMS Update

Seagull

Estoril
Well, it went to the OPC today and I have to say I wasn't impressed from the word go. Considering when I booked it in, I said I have had it pointed out to me by an indie that there was an oil leak in the centre of the join between the engine and box which was suspected to be an RMS failure, they said to me, "Do you need the car tonight in case we need to take the gearbox out? Because if we do, we will need to keep it until tomorrow." WTF did they expect, everyone knows it's a 6 hour job, or at least that's what they charge for.

Got a call at 2:30 saying, "We've cleaned the oil residue off and test driven it (this was about 6 miles judging by the odometer) and we cant fiind any evidence of the leak, so it must be a slow one" I would have thought this would be normal for an RMS failure - what were they expecting? They then said, "So what we've done is put some leak detection marker in and we'd like to see the car in 2 weeks to see what's happening." I've never heard or this, does anyone know if this is some sort of dye they add to the oil? and does it effect the oil's performance?

I'll update again in a couple of weeks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88426

thats pretty sh*tty Stu,

really bad form

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88428

Mind you - at least they didn't just do the job and take the money. We are always quick to complain when they do that. Maybe they are just trying to assess how bad it is?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88576

Will they indemnify you if/when you have catasrophic engine failure following the dumping of your engine oil over the nearest motorway ? (on the bright side) :) :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88676

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Surfrider on 09 November 2006
Will they indemnify you if/when you have catasrophic engine failure following the dumping of your engine oil over the nearest motorway ? (on the bright side) :) :)

FACT: An RMS leak will not lead to catastrophic engine failure!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90114

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 09 November 2006
Mind you - at least they didn't just do the job and take the money.  We are always quick to complain when they do that.  Maybe they are just trying to assess how bad it is?

agreed

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90132

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back