Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Best cleaner for windscreens?

Surgical alcohol (or Gin) or vinegar also work well.

Ian.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88624

Good timing of post as I am not happy with my screen after cleaning on sunday. I have Meguiars clay and also Meguiars glass cleaner. Are you guys saying I can use the clay on the front windscreen? Am worried it may damage it. And it sounds like I should clay it, then use the glass cleaner with old newspaper for a final clean? Any tips would be great. Josh

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89864

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by wagonface on 14 November 2006

Good timing of post as I am not happy with my screen after cleaning on sunday. I have Meguiars clay and also Meguiars glass cleaner. Are you guys saying I can use the clay on the front windscreen? Am worried it may damage it. And it sounds like I should clay it, then use the glass cleaner with old newspaper for a final clean? Any tips would be great. Josh
You can clay all the windows on your car. Just use plenty of lubricant. You can use your window cleaner afterwards.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89890

I am a long term user of autoglym glass cleaner and Halfrauds best bulk window wash [they also have it in pink for those so bent]

Trico blades with the silicon insert strip from Demon Tweeks also work better that O.E.M. blades.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90077

Definitely clay (but the finest you can get) that maybe a bit worn out by being used on the bodywork. Use no-rinse shampoo mixed with water as a lubricant.

Got some scratches out of my glass caused by some crap in the window mechanism..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101229

Cleaning Exterior Glass
[/b:FzMtlxqS4l]
(Stage One Surface Corrosion
[/i:FzMtlxqS4l])
:[/b:FzMtlxqS4l]
[/b:FzMtlxqS4l]

Application Methodology:
Wash glass surface to remove dirt, dust and etc, then use Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) or Stoners Invisible Glass

and fine grade bronze wool (http://www.briwax-online.com) will quickly and efficiently cut through the toughest dirt
[/list:FzMtlxqS4l]
Apply clay (Magic Clay®) and lubricant solution (Woolite
TM
/ Water 5:1) onto the glass surface (Do not apply to plastic as dulling may occur.)
Before cleaning door glass, open the widow half way. Clean the top and the leading edge of the glass as these usually sit in the door window tracks.
Wash off any residue from glass and dry with a damp waffle weave towel
[/list:FzMtlxqS4l][/u:FzMtlxqS4l]

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101290

I use white spirit, or IPA. But neat screenwash works well, avoid getting it on the paintwork.

RainX is great when applied correctly ie. several coats to ensure complete coverage and make sure your wiper blades are new!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101303

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by damianc4s on 18 December 2006

I use white spirit, or IPA.
Bettter than drinking it I suppose ... !! How you doing Damian ? Still in the UK ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101504

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back