Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Removal of exhaust tips

vlad

Sao Paulo
postamble();
Anyone know how to remove them from the C4S - I have purchased the twin pipe version for the C4S and had a go at removing the single triangular/ovalish ones I have at the moment.

Undid the bolt that holds the clamp tight but the darn thing just twists around the pipe! I think there is a collar holding it on but how to release that?

Any suggestions ? Very frustrating as I thought it would be a 2 minute job!!

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87439

Angle grinder usually gets the bolts off and order two new ones from the local OPC - I'm pretty sure the part number is:

P996.111.108.00 “C5.6 CLIP”

I ordered some new ones for mine recently.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87456

Thanks for that, but I can undo the bolt OK - have managed that and its certainly slackened the collar that holds the tip on to exhaust pipe - but even though the tip is loose and can be moved around I can't get the tip off - there seems to be a metal ring/collar that is a shrink fit on to the exhaust holding the tip on.

Any ideas??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87612

It should be a nearly complete circle "C" shape - just prise it open at the join and wiggle the tip off.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87620

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by vlad on 06 November 2006

Thanks for that, but I can undo the bolt OK - have managed that and its certainly slackened the collar that holds the tip on to exhaust pipe - but even though the tip is loose and can be moved around I can't get the tip off - there seems to be a metal ring/collar that is a shrink fit on to the exhaust holding the tip on.

Any ideas??

It all comes as part of the same fixing, collar and clip. Only about £5 each from your OPC. They nearly always have them in Stock too. So just break the old one to get it off if you have to.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87630

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back