Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 C2S Pics

oh and i get a few crunches 1st to 2nd and yes the cluch pedal is on the carpet completely. Sounds like the box has had a hard time - but warranty is warranty... i hope

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86697

Sorry Matt!

Doesn't sound too good does it... I am sure they will get to the bottom of the problem, don't compromise though. If you feel its even a wee bit dodgy keep taking it back until its fixed.

I have driven about 5 or 6 manual 997 cars so far and cannot believe how different the clutch and gear shift has been on a few of them. I even had a major problem with a brand new C4 with only a couple of hundred miles on it. Ended up having to go back to the dealership ( 20 miles of Tokyo traffic) and having to turn the car off and restart it in first cos I couldn't get it in gear. Bit annoying to say the least! The dealership fixed the problem in a couple of days though....can't remember what the problem was though to be honest.

Keep us posted on how you go.

We had a silver and black car for a bit, always looked clean! My boss bought a silver and black boxster a couple 6 weeks ago and has only cleaned his car twice. I have had mine washed 4 times in the same period!! I will never buy black again - I have said that for the last 3 cars on the trot :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86699

Thanks for that. Prior to buying i drove another that was fantastic, and to be fair to whom i bought it off the problem was very slight at sale and i must admit i thought it was my driving! With a car of this value i expect perfection and will not compromise at all. I am a tad worried though that Porsche may claim the box has been abused and therefore not covered, but to me unless the abuse was deliberate :?
, unlikely, all components should be sufficiently capable of all normal road use. Fingers crossed.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86700

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back