Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Going to buy a 997 Turbo..

Salih Yoluc

Hi,

I am a newbie here, and so happy to be with the Porsche(the most fantastic car in the world) fans..About the christmas time, I am going to order a new Porsche 911 Turbo. It is going to be my 1st Porsche. I am thinking the color combination as White / Black . What do you think? Does anyone have any photos of new turbo in that color?

I am thinking the options are going to be:

Wheels in exterior color,Standart Rocker Panels painted in exterior color,Park Assist,Rear Wiper,Sport Chrono Package Plus,Adaptive Sport Seats,Heated Seats, Sport Seat Backs painted in exterior color, Porsche Crest in Headrests, Door Entry Guards in Stainless Steel.. I am not going for a multi-functional wheel, normal round wheel are more sporty for turbo in my opinion..

Your opinions and/or suggestions are really important to me. Thanks a lot.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86428

Here you go........

White2099720Turbo.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86431

White wheels would be a massive no no, in my opinion.........

G.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86432

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Manthey Man on 31 October 2006

White wheels would be a massive no no, in my opinion.........

G.
I would agree on the wheels- what about some aluminium inside instead of the white? The black can be quite dark inside. The rest are really good option though!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86433

Thanks for the photo! I saw white wheels in the latest catalogue, and thought it would be nice.. But i am gonna rethink about it :) either white or normal, nothing else. I dont like black wheels in a white car. thanks a lot!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86477

aare you tempted by PCCB's ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86478

white is so lovely, but black is more popular- why, both need a lot of cleaning.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86484

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by admin on 31 October 2006

aare you tempted by PCCB's ?
what is PCCB?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86513

Ceramic brakes - about a £6K option - I think. About £20K to replace if they brake!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86517

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 31 October 2006

Ceramic brakes - about a £6K option - I think. About £20K to replace if they brake!
those are so expensive for me. 8k euro option plus there is tax. Because in my country, there is about %110 tax. It would cost me about 16k euro. Doesnt worth it I think..But I am worried about can I get the whole brake disc in yellow? only color, not the whole system? I think yellow discs can go better with a white car than the red discs.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86571

In my 1st post I said :

I am thinking the options are going to be:

Wheels in exterior color,Standart Rocker Panels painted in exterior color,Park Assist,Rear Wiper,Sport Chrono Package Plus,Adaptive Sport Seats,Heated Seats, Sport Seat Backs painted in exterior color, Porsche Crest in Headrests, Door Entry Guards in Stainless Steel.. I am not going for a multi-functional wheel, normal round wheel are more sporty for turbo in my opinion..

I eliminated the rear wiper from this list, it doesnt look so good. and I am thinking about adding a sunroof. But i am not so sure about it. and I know most of you are against the wheels in exterior color, but my dealer told me that the wheels are not going to be fully white, just insides of them will be white. I looked it at the catalogue, and I think I liked it. Maybe I am going to eliminate the Adaptive Sport Seats too, the rear of the car will not be used so much. And normal sport seats are free, but I have to pay 1000 euro plus tax for the adaptive ones. and it comes about 2000 euro.Are they really worth for 2k?

What about those? thanks..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90437

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back