Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rotten Egg Smell

Guys,

A mate of mine has a 1986 3.2 and has mentioned that he was getting a rotten egg smell in his car. I told him I would post and pls no jokes re breaking wind in the car!

Only details I have, any thoughts?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85624

cat converters can smell like that when the go bad...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85626

Dodgy curry is usually the culprit mate!
Incidentally, being Indian, Sydney is the only city in the world where there are NO decent Indian restaurants!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85673

O/T

try NYC too Sarai dude...v.poor! :roll:

btw, for those london based Spice Trader nr monument...best ever!

although the 911uk curry paradise comes a v.close 2nd and for 20 notes for 2 courses + booze = v.good value! :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85709

Actually, I beg to differ. Having some Indian mates we often head out for some very good Indian followed coupled with a thousand or so Kingfishers.... South Indian food generally...unfortunately the boys aren't too fond of the "Northies".

Some excellent Indian restaurants but not in the Sydney CBD - you have to head out into the 'burbs a little.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85897

Cool - you will have to let me know where mate! I spend a month in Sydney every year - mid dec to jan. I also lived there for 4 years too and didn't find any great places - being Indian I guess I had enough relo's to feed me at the time!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85909

Servo,

No problem, let me know when you are in town. Maybe a curry night is on the cards over here. Not many colonials on this list though. I think only Roja and myself.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85915

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Peter-John Michael on 29 October 2006
Servo,
No problem, let me know when you are in town. Maybe a curry night is on the cards over here. Not many colonials on this list though. I think only Roja and myself.

Cool! I will have a 997 to drive around in while I am in Sydney so might have to hook up for bit of a drive mate!

I am in the middle of organising a Porsche Driving Day with Porsche Australia up in QLD in mid december, it will be a private event for just me and a few mates (about 10 all up) not everyone has given a definite yes, would you be interested in going? Its about AUD 1250.00 for the day but you get to drive everything from a 2.7 Boxster to a 997 GT3 and Turbo!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85920

back on topic, could be his aircon? My BMW aircon smells funny when first started!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85929

Servo,

Definitely up for a drive here in Sydney and count me in for QLD. Please advise date when confirmed so that I can lock away in my diary.

Poon,

Smell is there when air-con is off so I suspect it is the cat. Time for a new performance exhaust I think!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86018

Spot on F1, it was the cat.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88665

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back