Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1974 Porsche 911 Targa

Nesty

Hi

I have my eye on a 1974 Porsche 911, with a 2.7 engine. I know that the 2.7 not the most popular, but just wanna take my first step on to 911 ownership. I think this is being offered to me as a favourable price?

The car needs some minor work needed doing to it, that I should be able to do myself. The bodywork is nice looking conditon, fine apart from two 5p holes of welding by the suspension mount. It has 110,000 miles on clock, the roof is sound. The engine starts from cold ok, but struggles when hot, most probably air flow sensor?

Generally as a rule how much would this model fetch in good condition?

Thanks

Nesty

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85243

Nesty - there is no such thing as a free lunch.

Get it inspected by a well known inspector, where there is rust you can see, there usually is rust you cant see, esp on early 70's 911's.

well worth spending £250 to know what your getting into.

good luck and let us know how you get on.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85253

Oh I know about free lunch etc. I kinda know the owner and I know the points that need do, just need to inspect it through in person. I said if worthwhile I would have it as the owner wants it to go to good home hence price.

Just want to know if what he was asking reasonable. I know prices if the 3.0 and 3.2 's just haven't seen many 74's around to compar?

Nesty

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85274

How much does he want for it ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85282

Looking for £3,500 as I said does need some work, but confindent I can do it myself.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85307

When looking at early 911s any rust/repair work near the rear torsion bar mount points on the suspension need to be looked at by an expert as this can be very difficult and expensive to repair. Not trying to scare you but it can make the difference between a viable car or not.

Ian.

PS Don't put the 2.7 down (unless its a US model) as its the same engine basically as the 2.7RS.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85421

ok well I'll take a look. I'm defo not gonna jump in. Let you know the findings.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85431

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back