Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Black GT3 No?

Black does need extra special care i guess

but then what an event when clean

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85127

WP0ZZZ99ZYS691013_1.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85129

Oh look. Guard Red with the same side skirts on both sides - how novel :p

Cue Rob.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85132

Have you found another red one?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85135

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 25 October 2006

Red Mk1 CS ! Red Mk1 CS ! 8) :wink:
Are you excited?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85137

Black looks very good when clean and is definately a more 'classy' colour. I think that the shape of the mk2 is more suited to black than a mk1. Black is always a safe bet.

Red is somewhere in between and is a fairly sporting colour - i believe that OPCs prefer mk1s in red, black and yellow and have never seen any colour for sale in the past year or so. I like gaurds on a mk1 GT3 having seen it in the flesh and is a very close call to Zanzibar in my unbiased favourite colour for a mk1.

Yellow is stand out and will certainly get a lot of attention as I think its brighter than Znz and I know how much attention it generates (both a plus and minus imo).

Buy on condition / spec. / mark of choice (1 or 2) primarily but its nice to get a colour that your 'into'.

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85139

So our following contestants...

Number 1... Black Mk2 = classy and understated
Number 2... Red Mk1 = hard as nails racer
Number 3... Zanzibar = like Marmite
Number 4... Yellow = look at me baby
:D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85140

I was into yellow, however the more i look at black it is edging out the yellow,

just looks like it would suit me more than yellow

Mk1 just would need to much money spent on it to be suitable for purpose to me.

brakes suspension, power upgrade etc etc, more suited to someone who wants a mint Mk1 to garage and pamper.

Yellow ok, however not sure if I am soo keen on it now.

Mosi off PGT site has a black lambo, and when we were in Germany the car was dirty most of the time, and still was the star of the Ring, without going on the track.

Black when clean and polished is stunning, however very difficult to get that way, however a look at SMTK's car at Bedford brought it home to me, how good they can look.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85142

Yeah, but that was Mosi's Gayardo doing all the talking... not that it was black! But I think we can all see you in a black Mk2... we let the Daz do the talking :wink:

Mk1s out of the box are pretty good... good enuf for Herr Rohrl to do 7:56 around the Ring... :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85144

so why spend a bloody fo :wink:
rtune on Mhanty then :wink:

Are you herr Rohrl :wink:

Do the Mk1 CS carry a premium over the comfort, and out of interest can you list the diff between both cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85146

Cos I need all the help that I can get to go quick! :wink:

CS has (unique to CS as standard):
- black CS bolt in full cage (different design compared to optional stainless steel Tequipment half cage)
- Nomex buckets
- extinguisher
- LWF (lightweight flywheel)
- Electrical cutoff switch

Comfort has:
- leather sports seats (or leather buckets, Nomex not an option)
- side airbags
- normal flywheel (as standard)

Otherwise, both cars identical! Note that the above differences only apply to Mk1 variants.

Out of 106 UK RHD Mk1s, 28 were CS.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85152

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back