Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oh god, i've gone PCCB !!!

Cheers G! It needs some of the G-treatment on those flanks of hers sometime... can't do the front because of the Paintshield!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84274

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by G-Unit on 23 October 2006

Daz I like your sig picture.
wait for mk 2

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84276

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 23 October 2006

Glenn,Olaf himself has little confidence in them and he replaces them after every race on the 997Cup cars... :?
If your car were just used for the road (a la your TT), then sure they might make sense... but on the track? I'm not so sure as this is precisely the conditions when they are prone to failure...And Chris is right, yellow doesn't go with the orange! :wink:
Your choice, but good luck with'em! :)
Ade,

I hear you, but i for some reason, think Porsche will have done a lot more homework.

Are you sure manthey are using the latest Gen of PCCB ????

I think the fact that they will be 380mm, should put them under less stress, and should help with cooling etc..

Thing is, i would end up changing the OEM steel ones afetr very few days anyway, so that's £2k + for Alcons etc......

Keep the faith baby......

G.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84286

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Manthey Man on 23 October 2006
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 23 October 2006Glenn,[/i:dEWNE7Snxn]
Olaf himself has little confidence in them and he replaces them after every race on the 997Cup cars... :?
If your car were just used for the road (a la your TT), then sure they might make sense... but on the track? I'm not so sure as this is precisely the conditions when they are prone to failure...

And Chris is right, yellow doesn't go with the orange! :wink:

Ade,

I hear you, but i for some reason, think Porsche will have done a lot more homework.
I think the fact that they will be 380mm, should put them under less stress, and should help with cooling etc..
Thing is, i would end up changing the OEM steel ones afetr very few days anyway, so that's £2k + for Alcons etc......

G.

Didn't everyone think the same of Porsche when they released the PCCBs, first the gen 1 then the gen 2s... both types have since proven to be prone to failure. The cars Manthey are changing the PCCBs on are the 997 cars driven by the works drivers... not the private teams (who mostly run steels). So yes, they have access to the latest equipment I believe... Maybe worth having a chat with Steve McH who has been in contact with Manthey? Maybe Manthey are changing them for new ones *just because they can*? But this would seem to be a colossal waste of money if so... and it certainly doesn't appear to be a vote of confidence for the technology (yet!)...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84293

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Manthey Man on 23 October 2006

Previous poster said:

Glenn,[/i:ErOS074C6Y]

Olaf himself has little confidence in them and he replaces them after every race on the 997Cup cars... :?
If your car were just used for the road (a la your TT), then sure they might make sense... but on the track? I'm not so sure as this is precisely the conditions when they are prone to failure...And Chris is right, yellow doesn't go with the orange! :wink:
Ade,

G.
Didn't everyone think the same of Porsche when they released the PCCBs, first the gen 1 then the gen 2s... both types have since proven to be prone to failure. The cars Manthey are changing the PCCBs on are the 997 cars driven by the works drivers... not the private teams (who mostly run steels). So yes, they have access to the latest equipment I believe... Maybe worth having a chat with Steve McH who has been in contact with Manthey? Maybe Manthey are changing them for new ones *just because they can*? But this would seem to be a colossal waste of money if so... and it certainly doesn't appear to be a vote of confidence for the technology (yet!)...

I know they were caught cold with the 1st and 2nd gens, but these latest ones are totally different in everyway, especially fibre per inch etc, etc.

I just think after all the legal action they had against them in the US about them, they would not make the same mistake again.....

Watch this space !!

G.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84296

Glen taking a gamble,

new one on me

you sure about this old bean,

they havent a very good track record pardon the appt pun

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84300

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 23 October 2006

Glen taking a gamble,

new one on me

you sure about this old bean,

they havent a very good track record pardon the appt pun

Well they're certainly not going to be worse than the Standard steel ones, which will be excellent, but will start to crack after the 1st track day.

They weigh less, which helps with unsprung weight and retardation/accelleration.

Plus no brakedust, which is a must for a polisher like me !!!!

Only downside is if they start to fall aprt after the fiirst few trackdays, then it won't be the end of the world, just £6k down the sh*tter :eek:

G.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84305

so you buying them because of the break dust

now makes sense :D

with you there bro

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84316

You silly billy Glenn.........
Me thinks a big regret on the horizon !

If the racing teams are using steels - what chance have you got ?!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84345

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Gastro on 23 October 2006
You silly billy Glenn.........
Me thinks a big regret on the horizon !

If the racing teams are using steels - what chance have you got ?!
"Silly Billy"..... er Silly Billy with a GT3RS
Don't listen to them Glen. If I could, I would. And I have no f***ing idea of the pros/cons of Ceramic brakes.
But they sound sh*t hot and you're going to have the Motherf****r of all cars. :D :D

(Apologies for my language, I realise it's a sign of a poor vocabulary)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84347

eeerrr Glen, nice sig pic! :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84353

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Matt Ball on 23 October 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Gastro on 23 October 2006

You silly billy Glenn......... Me thinks a big regret on the horizon !If the racing teams are using steels - what chance have you got ?!
"Silly Billy"..... er Silly Billy with a GT3RSDon't listen to them Glen. If I could, I would. And I have no f***ing idea of the pros/cons of Ceramic brakes. But they sound sh*t hot and you're going to have the Motherf****r of all cars. :D :D
(Apologies for my language, I realise it's a sign of a poor vocabulary)
You're on the money there Bro'

And if you think this is gonna be a mo' fo' wait til you see what i got my name down on :wink:

G.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84375

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 23 October 2006
stu,
he had it b4 you, sorry mate

errr, I think not, he had a different pic, all colour! Not the b&w one!

doesn't matter anyway!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84401

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back