Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Alarm

vlad

Sao Paulo
Hi, not sure if a problem or not - might just have inadvertantly set the alarm in a strange way.

This morning went to get in the car for work (6:30am) and the key fob didn't deactivate the alarm and unlock the doors. No matter I thought I went and got the spare key - however that didn't open the car either.

So I thought I'd go for it and open the car with the key (the old fashioned way!) - even though in the back of my mind I could remember that this could set the alarm off if the correct sequence wasn't followed.

Sure enough I open the door with the key and after a few seconds all hell broke loose (picture the car in the garage which is integral to my house - wife 4 children asleep upstairs!!)

After madly waving both fobs and pressing the buttons the alarm was deactivated and peace returned!

Anyone know if I had just set the alarm in a strange mode - or if I do indeed have a problem and the alarm is not working properly.

PS. Do think flowers will apease her indoors for waking the whole family up (and probably most of my neighbors) or do you think its going to be more expensive than that!

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 79642

vlad, if you do not use your car for 5 days, the remote opening is deactivated to save power.

After that you must deactivate it by unlocking the car with key in doorlock and then turning ignition within 10 seconds of opening the door.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 79643

postamble();
Thanks Haran, after seeing your post I checked in my user manual and you are absolutely spot on.

Thinking about it I went away for a long weekend Wednesday evening and this morning would have been the first time I'd driven the car since then. Its my daily driver - but it all makes sense.

Cheers - sorted!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 79794

I turn key in lock to unlock car and then lock using fob and unlock using fob (as in my manual) and this seems to work fine every time..........

Guess I shouldn't really leave her for 5 days and then I wouldn't have the problem :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 79805

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by uuf361 on 10 October 2006

I turn key in lock to unlock car and then lock using fob and unlock using fob (as in my manual) and this seems to work fine every time..........

Guess I shouldn't really leave her for 5 days and then I wouldn't have the problem :D
True you need to drive more - but it is hard during the winter.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 79883

Especially when shopping car is blocking the drive........

Migration info. Legacy thread was 79892

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by richardofengland on 10 October 2006

dont you just love people who know so much. Well done F1
Thanks, but only becasue i(+ my neighbours) fell foul of this behaviour several times before being enlightened by Mark Pearce, the true font of 911 knowledge! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 79895

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back