Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 9
997 : 2004- 66
996 : 1997-2005 44
993 : 1993-1998 11
964 : 1989-1993 4
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 0
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 2
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 1
Boxster : 1997- 15
Cayman : 2005- 13
Cayenne : 2003- 10
Macan : 2014- 1
Panamera : 2009- 3
912-914-924-928-944-968 3
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Body Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Elite Detailing
Sepang


Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Posts: 2978



PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to knock both of your heads together if I find they have sealed in any swirl marks.

Awesome looking cars, just had to say it again!


Migration info. Legacy thread was 78757
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
PolarExpress
Loser


Joined: 03 Mar 2005
Posts: 4506
Location: Prison

2000 Porsche 996 GT3 Mk1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Previous poster wrote:
Quote: Originally posted by G-Unit on 07 October 2006
I'm going to knock both of your heads together if I find they have sealed in any swirl marks.
Awesome looking cars, just had to say it again!



D'oh!!! Probably... Razz
but at least you have potential for doing the remaining halves of our cars... So if we both get our cars done, does that mean you'll only charge us one car for doing both? Wink

Migration info. Legacy thread was 78758
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Porsche
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch


Joined: 31 Dec 2002
Posts: 13126
Location: Nürburgring Nordschleife

2003 Porsche 996 GT3 Mk2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Previous poster wrote:
Quote: Originally posted by Manthey Man on 07 October 2006

Previous poster wrote:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 07 October 2006

Previous poster wrote:
Quote: Originally posted by Manthey Man on 07 October 2006

I hope you're not going to keep taunting me with pics of my old car Sad




The MKII wheels are a great improvement of the looks Ade, but there's one very important thing on the Yellow one, that's missing from yours.................................

.................and that's the gold plated Manthey badge on the bonnet, it completes the look Wink


Honestly! For the doubting Thomas... Wink


And here's one more for you... Twisted



Photoshop !!!!!!!




don't worry, I have that special roof signature....

an entire day at Paintshield, but car looks even better...

so
www.paintshield.co.uk
and did the entire front, complete bonnett and wings, sill and rear arches ! will post some more pics if I can

but the exhaust on Ade's Gt3, the car growls and hisses like it is trying to escape, made mine feel quiet !!!



my 1st real drive across from london-birmingham then across to the east midlands hq of paintshield... those Toyo's are 'interesting'.. made the 'continued' back & leg ache worth while !!

respect, to the land of milk and beans but G I know how shy you are but you are indeed an epic wheel man to keep that gt3 on the road with the power and set up that it has !!!



btw, G, do I have uniballs suspension mounts ?


Migration info. Legacy thread was 78760

_________________
Porsche on Youtube!

964 Project Car
996 MK2 GT3 CS Manthey
993 Targa
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
   
Elite Detailing
Sepang


Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Posts: 2978



PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Previous poster wrote:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 07 October 2006

Previous poster wrote:
Quote: Originally posted by G-Unit on 07 October 2006

I'm going to knock both of your heads together if I find they have sealed in any swirl marks.

Awesome looking cars, just had to say it again!

D'oh!!! Probably... Razz
but at least you have potential for doing the remaining halves of our cars... So if we both get our cars done, does that mean you'll only charge us one car for doing both? Wink




What four door and two roofs? lol Very Happy


Migration info. Legacy thread was 78768
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Paintshield
Approved Trader


Joined: 30 Nov 2004
Posts: 161
Location: Grantham


PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote


postamble();
Looking Nice Guys



Sorry I missed you both, can you do me a favour in case Joe did not get the details, can you let me have the descriptors and part numbers for the bumpers so we can get them displayed correctly in our database :)





Best Wishes



Tom


Migration info. Legacy thread was 79538

_________________
http://www.paintshield.co.uk
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
   
Porsche
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch


Joined: 31 Dec 2002
Posts: 13126
Location: Nürburgring Nordschleife

2003 Porsche 996 GT3 Mk2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

will do tom, will post some pics later as well

regards


Migration info. Legacy thread was 79546

_________________
Porsche on Youtube!

964 Project Car
996 MK2 GT3 CS Manthey
993 Targa
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
   
PolarExpress
Loser


Joined: 03 Mar 2005
Posts: 4506
Location: Prison

2000 Porsche 996 GT3 Mk1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Previous poster wrote:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 07 October 2006

but the exhaust on Ade's Gt3, the car growls and hisses like it is trying to escape, made mine feel quiet !!!

After yesterday's funday at BrandsGP, I just brought the car back from JZ as a quick follow up as I also knew there is absolutely NO way I was going to pass Bedford noise tests.... The noise, whilst massively grin inducing, was starting to do my head in, and after a bit of tweaking by Steve McH, she is purring as quietly as a kitten! Well, ok, maybe an angry cat on drugs doing a Darth Vadar impression, but she's heck of a lot quieter than before!!! Kinda miss the growl though... Confused

Migration info. Legacy thread was 79671
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
F1_Dragon
Watkins Glen


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 2028
Location: London

2002 Porsche 996 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Previous poster wrote:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 10 October 2006

Previous poster wrote:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 07 October 2006

but the exhaust on Ade's Gt3, the car growls and hisses like it is trying to escape, made mine feel quiet !!!

After yesterday's funday at BrandsGP, I just brought the car back from JZ as a quick follow up as I also knew there is absolutely NO way I was going to pass Bedford noise tests.... The noise, whilst massively grin inducing, was starting to do my head in, and after a bit of tweaking by Steve McH, she is purring as quietly as a kitten! Well, ok, maybe an angry cat on drugs doing a Darth Vadar impression, but she's heck of a lot quieter than before!!! Kinda miss the growl though... Confused


shame i was looking forward to hearing what all the fuss was about on saturday...:(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 79674

_________________
Haran
996C4S
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
   
PolarExpress
Loser


Joined: 03 Mar 2005
Posts: 4506
Location: Prison

2000 Porsche 996 GT3 Mk1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Previous poster wrote:
Quote: Originally posted by F1_Dragon on 10 October 2006

Previous poster wrote:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 10 October 2006

Previous poster wrote:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 07 October 2006

but the exhaust on Ade's Gt3, the car growls and hisses like it is trying to escape, made mine feel quiet !!!

After yesterday's funday at BrandsGP, I just brought the car back from JZ as a quick follow up as I also knew there is absolutely NO way I was going to pass Bedford noise tests.... The noise, whilst massively grin inducing, was starting to do my head in, and after a bit of tweaking by Steve McH, she is purring as quietly as a kitten! Well, ok, maybe an angry cat on drugs doing a Darth Vadar impression, but she's heck of a lot quieter than before!!! Kinda miss the growl though... Confused


shame i was looking forward to hearing what all the fuss was about on saturday...:(

Well, I might revert back to the previous sound as I now know how to change the sound with a spanner and about 2 minutes! However, without the reduction in noise, there is no way they will allow me on at Bedford...! Smile

Migration info. Legacy thread was 79937
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Parts
Loser


Joined: 10 Nov 2005
Posts: 8350



PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Previous poster wrote:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 10 October 2006

Previous poster wrote:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 07 October 2006

but the exhaust on Ade's Gt3, the car growls and hisses like it is trying to escape, made mine feel quiet !!!

After yesterday's funday at BrandsGP, I just brought the car back from JZ as a quick follow up as I also knew there is absolutely NO way I was going to pass Bedford noise tests.... The noise, whilst massively grin inducing, was starting to do my head in, and after a bit of tweaking by Steve McH, she is purring as quietly as a kitten! Well, ok, maybe an angry cat on drugs doing a Darth Vadar impression, but she's heck of a lot quieter than before!!! Kinda miss the growl though... Confused


And it's not something you can adjust yourself - the niose was amazing, but Kate did say to me:

"Do you think it is that noisey when you are in the car? - keep 100m back!"


Migration info. Legacy thread was 79950

_________________
http://www.jzmachtech.com/
http://www.porscheshop.co.uk/
http://www.design911.co.uk/default.aspx?source=911uk
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
F1_Dragon
Watkins Glen


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 2028
Location: London

2002 Porsche 996 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Previous poster wrote:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 11 October 2006

Previous poster wrote:
Quote: Originally posted by F1_Dragon on 10 October 2006

Previous poster wrote:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 10 October 2006

Previous poster wrote:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 07 October 2006

but the exhaust on Ade's Gt3, the car growls and hisses like it is trying to escape, made mine feel quiet !!!

After yesterday's funday at BrandsGP, I just brought the car back from JZ as a quick follow up as I also knew there is absolutely NO way I was going to pass Bedford noise tests.... The noise, whilst massively grin inducing, was starting to do my head in, and after a bit of tweaking by Steve McH, she is purring as quietly as a kitten! Well, ok, maybe an angry cat on drugs doing a Darth Vadar impression, but she's heck of a lot quieter than before!!! Kinda miss the growl though... Confused


shame i was looking forward to hearing what all the fuss was about on saturday...:(

Well, I might revert back to the previous sound as I now know how to change the sound with a spanner and about 2 minutes! However, without the reduction in noise, there is no way they will allow me on at Bedford...! Smile

well, maybe on sunday then?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 79956

_________________
Haran
996C4S
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum